i am... I am not

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

i am... I am not

Postby ram peswani » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:51 am

I am not............moment when one meditates on emptiness
I am ................All other moments you exist in this life on this earth

If one remains in emptiness for very long time in meditation , one can create a seed of Suniata (1doubt?}in oneself. Once the seed of Suniata is created
it is permanent and works inside ones body always.

To grow "One Vehicle" as per lotus sutra one has take both states along. Existence increases "I am " and seed of Suniata increases "I am not"

WHY DOUBT......

Take for example sea water and a lump of salt on a thread. This lump of salt ( vehicle) wants to increase its size.
This can be done by dipping in sea, getting wet and coming up to air, getting dry. Thereby it adds salt from sea water. It dips in sea only to get wet but
not get dissolved. Can it be done?

Easier method is to get this seed of Suniata when Buddha exists in physical world of yours.

once this seed of Suniata is developed or received further growth of vehicle is to be done with awarness. The seed is permanent and will go on doing its
work of (i am not) (egolessness). And existence also is all the time doing its work of "I am" all the time you are breathing.

I am yet not fully sure as to wheather I developed this seed of Suniata in this birth between 1992-96 or was i given this seed in Guatam Buddha"s era or was it
there still earlier like Purna Maitrayaniputra of chapter 8 of lotus sutra had it earlier. But i am sure that i have this seed now and that is why i am on this path
Last edited by ram peswani on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ram peswani

Re: i am... I am not

Postby Kyosan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Hi ram.

I'm not sure what you mean by sunyata. What does sunyata mean to you?

How do you meditate on sunyata? Do you think about what sunyata means? Do you practice silent meditation?
:namaste:
Kyosan

Postby ram peswani » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:32 am

Kyosan wrote:Hi ram.

I'm not sure what you mean by sunyata. What does sunyata mean to you?

How do you meditate on sunyata? Do you think about what sunyata means? Do you practice silent meditation?

Reply to this questions is of utmost importance to me.
Some one on this site has claimed that my posts can be harmful for many
If it is correct I would like to request the incharge here to curtail my answer for a only few, who do not get disturbed and use taunting language.
Meanwhile i will prepare the answer on my notepad and send it to you privately after three days or if a group who is anxious to get the answer then i will give the reply on third day to that group.
Guatam gave some replies after questioners asked him for three times, and Guatam is the wise one, so let me be slow and follow him.
ram peswani

Postby plwk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 am

Guatam gave some replies after questioners asked him for three times, and Guatam is the wise one, so let me be slow and follow him.

At times, He uses silence as His answer...
plwk

Postby plwk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:47 am

Guatam ... and Guatam is the wise one...
See below...
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html
"Then, wandering by stages, I arrived at Varanasi, at the Deer Park in Isipatana, to where the group of five monks were staying.
From afar they saw me coming and, on seeing me, made a pact with one another, (saying,)
'Friends, here comes Gotama the contemplative: living luxuriously, straying from his exertion, backsliding into abundance. He doesn't deserve to be bowed down to, to be greeted by standing up, or to have his robe & bowl received. Still, a seat should be set out; if he wants to, he can sit down.'
But as I approached, they were unable to keep to their pact. One, standing up to greet me, received my robe & bowl. Another spread out a seat. Another set out water for washing my feet. However, they addressed me by name and as 'friend.'

"So I said to them, 'Don't address the Tathagata by name and as "friend." The Tathagata, friends, is a Worthy One, Rightly Self-Awakened.
plwk

Postby Kyosan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 am

plwk wrote:

At times, He uses silence as His answer...

I think that silence is a good answer to the question "What is sunyata?".
Last edited by Kyosan on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyosan

Postby Kyosan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 am

ram peswani wrote:I am not............moment when one meditates on emptiness
I am ................All other moments you exist in this life on this earth

I would say:
Not having views such as "I am" or "I am not" or "it is this" or "it is that" = emptiness.

Or maybe more precisely, emptiness is the way you see the world when you are in a calm, aware and non-attached state of mind. It is also the nature of all things in the universe.
Kyosan

Postby Kyosan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:57 am

Here is a quote from chapter 2 of the "Sutra of Innumerable Meanings". This was the sutra preached immediately before the Lotus Sutra and it is closely related to the Lotus Sutra. I think it pretty well describes how we should view the world.

The Buddha said: "Good sons! This one doctrine is called the doctrine of
Innumerable Meanings. A bodhisattva, if he wants to learn and master the doctrine of
Innumerable Meanings, should observe that all laws [all things in the world] were originally, will be, and are
in themselves void in nature and form; they are neither great nor small, neither
appearing nor disappearing, neither fixed nor movable, and neither advancing nor
retreating; and they are nondualistic, just emptiness. All living beings, however,
discriminate falsely: 'It is this' or 'It is that,' and 'It is advantageous' or 'It is
disadvantageous'

After practicing Buddhism for a while, ones mind eventually becomes detached to some extent and then it becomes possible to understand the real meaning of sunyata. Meditation is useful but it doesn't mean just sitting there and thinking about something. The main goals are quieting the mind and overcoming our vices.
Kyosan

Postby ram peswani » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 am

Kyosan wrote:Here is a quote from chapter 2 of the "Sutra of Innumerable Meanings". This was the sutra preached immediately before the Lotus Sutra and it is closely related to the Lotus Sutra. I think it pretty well describes how we should view the world.

The Buddha said: "Good sons! This one doctrine is called the doctrine of
Innumerable Meanings. A bodhisattva, if he wants to learn and master the doctrine of
Innumerable Meanings, should observe that all laws [all things in the world] were originally, will be, and are
in themselves void in nature and form; they are neither great nor small, neither
appearing nor disappearing, neither fixed nor movable, and neither advancing nor
retreating; and they are nondualistic, just emptiness. All living beings, however,
discriminate falsely: 'It is this' or 'It is that,' and 'It is advantageous' or 'It is
disadvantageous'

After practicing Buddhism for a while, ones mind eventually becomes detached to some extent and then it becomes possible to understand the real meaning of sunyata. Meditation is useful but it doesn't mean just sitting there and thinking about something. The main goals are quieting the mind and overcoming our vices.

Pragya meditation or Prajna meditation is focussing your mind on one thing and to go on sequencing to next connected item. Till he is so engrossed in this series of sequencing that mind is left with no extra capacity to wander here and there. This is called growth of vehical size. It developes logic and then later Wisdom.This Wisdom quietens the mind. As a Mahayanist one knows that all efforts to quieten the mind and overcoming vices help only to a limited extent as it grows ego which has side problems.

Detachment is not Suniata . I name detachment as rest and quietening cannot last for long in that state.
ram peswani

Postby Sherab Dorje » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 am

"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Kyosan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:55 pm

ram peswani wrote:...I name detachment as rest and quietening cannot last for long in that state.

Could you elaborate on that?
Kyosan

Postby ram peswani » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:05 am

Kyosan wrote:
ram peswani wrote:...I name detachment as rest and quietening cannot last for long in that state.

Could you elaborate on that?

Nothing is permanent here.
everything, every moment is changing
The surrounding currents of change will effect a person at sooner or later stage.
The detached person is a very small quantity of cosmic energy in a huge sea of change in which he is immersed.
We are all connected by all action for survival
Physical body itself will bring so many changes that even a strong ego will get crushed.
And a very strong ego used for detachment will create bigger explosion.

Arihants who had conquered all emotions and desires were driven out and not given seed of Greater Vehical by the wise seer Guatam Buddha for this reason.
Their cosmic energy free from ego will go back to sea of egoless cosmic universe and recycled back for existence without any benefit to existence, where they spent many births evolving . It is like a big palace being made with a lot of effort and then equal effort put to demolish it without it serving any purpose.
Ego is impermanent and an Arihant is in a shell of Pure Ego. The shell will dissolve after death of physical and mental bodies.

Better are those who thro devotion and love etc. merge their cosmic energy in a bigger Ego whom they worship.
They are tired of existence and hence are happy to find a short cut
Their experience which fit in with larger Ego will be retained and will ultimately help existence evolve.

Guatam Buddha was and is staunch existence pro and this science of lotus sutra is brought here to benefit all existence surrounding this area.
This science is the science based on Truths of laws of existence. and benefits and achievements it leaves behind are to be understood by the chapter 11, Emergence of Treasure Tower and chapter 16 Life span of Thus come one in particular , though all other chapters give benefits in many ways.

Because of our Ego and and desires and emotions we fail to understand Buddha's excellent advice.
ram peswani

Postby plwk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:19 am

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace...The Dhammapada
plwk

Postby SonamZangpo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:50 am

ram peswani wrote:

Reply to this questions is of utmost importance to me.
Some one on this site has claimed that my posts can be harmful for many

I am most concerned for the harm that could be causing to yourself. Presenting wrong view of Buddhism is weighted very heavily in one's karma.
http://www.facebook.com/szangpo

http://www.facebook.com/kyle.labonte <- This is my more active facebook, if you want some real discussion

OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA

"The world is dark when you're depressed; your thoughts have the power to invent your world." -Courage Wolf

"It is more important to be kind than to be right."
(I acknowledge I do not follow the quote above this, that is why it is there! so I will be reminded every time I post! :) )
SonamZangpo

Postby ram peswani » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:22 am

SonamZangpo wrote:
ram peswani wrote:

I am most concerned for the harm that could be causing to yourself. Presenting wrong view of Buddhism is weighted very heavily in one's karma.

I have been warned a number of times on this site. I am above this thought of harm to myself. I refuse to accept my self as you see me.
ram peswani

Postby LastLegend » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:29 am

ram peswani wrote:
SonamZangpo wrote:
ram peswani wrote:

I have been warned a number of times on this site. I am above this thought of harm to myself. I refuse to accept my self as you see me.

Had you practiced meditation in the past without a teacher?
NAMO AMITABHA
NAM MO A DI DA PHAT (VIETNAMESE)
NAMO AMITUOFO (CHINESE)
LastLegend

Postby ram peswani » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 am

LastLegend wrote:
ram peswani wrote:
Had you practiced meditation in the past without a teacher?
[/quote]

vipassana without metta is my teacher. So Goenka of India is my part teacher. I accepted from him without metta
ram peswani

Postby SonamZangpo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 am

ram peswani wrote:
SonamZangpo wrote:
ram peswani wrote:

Why is there a refusal of acceptance?

More importantly, if you are above being effected by karmic acts, whether perceived from outside your experience or not, then you must be attained. If you are attained, you must see the absolute truths of suffering, impermanence, and causes and conditions. If this is the case, then I merely am not grasping you conveying these things in your texts. Then, perhaps, I would be humbled if you could speak on the matter of these absolute truths, for any absolute truth spoken from one attained will be perceived as truth by all.

;)
http://www.facebook.com/szangpo

http://www.facebook.com/kyle.labonte <- This is my more active facebook, if you want some real discussion

OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA

"The world is dark when you're depressed; your thoughts have the power to invent your world." -Courage Wolf

"It is more important to be kind than to be right."
(I acknowledge I do not follow the quote above this, that is why it is there! so I will be reminded every time I post! :) )
SonamZangpo

Postby ram peswani » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:06 am

SonamZangpo wrote:
ram peswani wrote:
SonamZangpo wrote:

Why is there a refusal of acceptance?

More importantly, if you are above being effected by karmic acts, whether perceived from outside your experience or not, then you must be attained. If you are attained, you must see the absolute truths of suffering, impermanence, and causes and conditions. If this is the case, then I merely am not grasping you conveying these things in your texts. Then, perhaps, I would be humbled if you could speak on the matter of these absolute truths, for any absolute truth spoken from one attained will be perceived as truth by all.

;)[/quote]

Due to effects of my meditation, the physical and mental currents of change are speeding up day by day
These changes show the truth of sufferings, impermanence etc. every second in experience in my mental and physical bodies.
My limitations and old age are trying to slow down this process.
It clearly means that i am on the path but absolute truths are yet not completely effective.

So these warnings are not effecting me, but i am not sure of effects on others who do not accept my expansion of lotus sutra
This universe offers many paths of knowledge and wisdom. After i had a few cursory studies of knowledge that this site offered, I came to understand that i am not on the right forum and i may harm others if rumblings are too strong . So this withdrawal.
ram peswani

Postby Pacific » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:30 am

this kind of talk is tied to a lot of self view [& wrong view]. The question i'd most like to the answwer to is.... what are you going on about?
Pacific

Next

Return to Personal Experience