Garchen Institute 3 Year Retreat

This is a spot where we can share upcoming dharma events.

Garchen Institute 3 Year Retreat

Postby phantom59 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:47 pm

As more and more people practice bodhicitta, it will pervade and change the whole world. It is so very important to have a place where this practice is permitted and can be cultivated. The Garchen Institute enables people to cultivate bodhicitta by offering the three-year retreat continuously. Love can only be cultivated if you practice it you cannot just give love to someone. Three-year retreatants devotedly practice bodhicitta, and if even one in ten of them generates bodhicitta it will benefit the whole world.

-His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche
August 26,2009

Hello Everyone,

As we draw nearer to the beginning of the next three-year retreat, which will start sometime on February 2nd, our once full list of applicants has shortened due to unexpected health concerns and other unanticipated changes in plans.

This means we now have room for additional retreatants, and His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche and Drupon Rinchen Dorjee Rinpoche, the Three-Year Retreat Master, wish for every three-year hut to be filled.

Read On :
http://www.garchen.net/3yearretreat.html
phantom59

Re: Garchen Institute 3 Year Retreat

Postby Luke » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Wow, that's awesome, Phantom! I really love the Drikung Kagyupa and want to complete one of their 3-year retreats someday. I have to pay off my college loans first though...and I might go someplace cheaper like India to do it when I'm ready.

I'm glad to see that the Garchen Institute is thriving.

Luke

Return to Dharma Events