one reason why Bodhisattvas practice patience....

mudra

one reason why Bodhisattvas practice patience....

Post by mudra »

Je Tsongkhapa, in LRCM: "Given that there are a great number of living beings whose behaviour is bad and who you are constantly in danger of meeting, you need a powerful conditioning to patience as a remedy for giving up on their welfare

For all our Mahayana aspirations, this really hits home!
So I'm betting that even 'wrathful' activity can't work without patience.
plwk

Re: one reason why Bodhisattvas practice patience....

Post by plwk »

Yeah mudra..most of the time, it is the wrath that remains and the patience part thrown out of the window....
mudra

Post by mudra »

plwk wrote:Yeah mudra..most of the time, it is the wrath that remains and the patience part thrown out of the window....
You are right methinks. So much damage happens when the unskillful try to mimic the truly skillful!
muni

Post by muni »

Acting by anger feelings, then projecting those to one and so relate to that one through the filter of own negativities. Than patience makes it possible to delete the coarse vibration and eliminate border between eachother.
Caz

Post by Caz »

mudra wrote:
Je Tsongkhapa, in LRCM: "Given that there are a great number of living beings whose behaviour is bad and who you are constantly in danger of meeting, you need a powerful conditioning to patience as a remedy for giving up on their welfare

For all our Mahayana aspirations, this really hits home!
So I'm betting that even 'wrathful' activity can't work without patience.
Ah Je Rinpoche you never cease to give me something useful :applause:
Ive been told by most of my teachers that wrath is for the accomplished, If you've not vanquished anger from your mental continuum then the action will be unskilfull and more harm the good in majority cases for your own and others welfare. :reading:
Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.

Return to “Gelug”