Simplicity.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
muni

Simplicity.

Post by muni »

If you recognize the empty nature of thoughts, instead of solidifying them, the arising and subsiding of each thought will clarify and strengthen your realization of emptiness.

When mind remains in pure awareness; no thoughts of past or future, without being attracted by external objects or occupied by mental constructions, it will be a state of primordial simplicity. In that state, there is no need for an iron hand of forced vigilance to immobilizise thoughts.

As is said: *BUDDHANATURE IS THE NATURALLY SIMPLICITY OF MIND*

Once recognized that simplicity it can be maintained effortless presence of mind. Then you will experience an inner freedom in which there is no need to block the arising of thoughts, or fear that they will spoil.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Re: Simplicity.

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Lovely Muni, thanks!

:bow:
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

muni wrote:If you recognize the empty nature of thoughts, instead of solidifying them, the arising and subsiding of each thought will clarify and strengthen your realization of emptiness.

When mind remains in pure awareness; no thoughts of past or future, without being attracted by external objects or occupied by mental constructions, it will be a state of primordial simplicity. In that state, there is no need for an iron hand of forced vigilance to immobilizise thoughts.

As is said: *BUDDHANATURE IS THE NATURALLY SIMPLICITY OF MIND*

Once recognized that simplicity it can be maintained effortless presence of mind. Then you will experience an inner freedom in which there is no need to block the arising of thoughts, or fear that they will spoil.

Hi Muni. :)

Being aware and not attached to thoughts is good.

However, how can one be in 'pure awareness' and 'recognise the emptiness of thoughts'? Surely, there is no mental process of recognising to be done. ;)

I think the phrase of yours I agree with most is 'effortless presence of mind'. :)
Left
muni

Post by muni »

Hi! How are you?

Ordinary, we do not see other than through the filter of emotional and cognetive obscurations.
To recognize thoughts' emptiness, to see from where they arise and where they go we see they arise or go not.

When subtle ones subside in the non created nature of mind is there no any fabrication and no any striving. Naturally spontanity, nothing to abandon or to adopt and beyond hope and doubt. :)
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

muni wrote:Hi! How are you?

Ordinary, we do not see other than through the filter of emotional and cognetive obscurations.
To recognize thoughts' emptiness, to see from where they arise and where they go we see they arise or go not.

When subtle ones subside in the non created nature of mind is there no any fabrication and no any striving. Naturally spontanity, nothing to abandon or to adopt and beyond hope and doubt. :)
I agree with what you say, but would add, maybe, a chronology:

[*]We are born with sense awareness and simple cravings for food etc
[*]We then develop thoughts and more craving and delusions arising from sense consciousness
[*]We then need to use our ability to analyse and interpret to 'recognise' the emptiness of such thoughts arising
[*]Finally we need to then practice to achieve the simplicity which pays no inappropriate attention to them

Mind you, I do accept that we don't all start in the same mess - some people I know are much more instinctive and have a very simplistic reaction to stimuli. They let things arise and fall without seeming affected, eat and sleep as nature intended and occasionally go to their lectures at university - students! :)

How am I? Mired in delusions of course! LOL :)
Left
muni

Post by muni »

upasaka wrote:
muni wrote:Hi! How are you?

I agree with what you say, but would add, maybe, a chronology:

[*]We are born with sense awareness and simple cravings for food etc
[*]We then develop thoughts and more craving and delusions arising from sense consciousness
[*]We then need to use our ability to analyse and interpret to 'recognise' the emptiness of such thoughts arising
[*]Finally we need to then practice to achieve the simplicity which pays no inappropriate attention to them

Mind you, I do accept that we don't all start in the same mess - some people I know are much more instinctive and have a very simplistic reaction to stimuli. They let things arise and fall without seeming affected, eat and sleep as nature intended and occasionally go to their lectures at university - students! :)

How am I? Mired in delusions of course! LOL :)
Whatever one is adding is not harming, not beneficially in that state. Of course, we follow our offered recipe of our practice. So feel free. :)
Oh, then that idea of being delusion can be seen as the delusion and it is fixed. :
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Thanks - cured!
Just self-generated as a delusion-free deity, so I can't be deluded into thinking I have delusions! LOL :)
Left
muni

Post by muni »

:namaste: :thumbsup:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”