buddhist names

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
tempuserus

buddhist names

Post by tempuserus »

what does it mean it have Avalokiteshvara name in symbology in one ordinary buddhist name. i being researching online my name and realized its tailormade the problem i dont a have a living teacher/lama i have spirits of lamas, deities etc. i even gained dharmapala this way , i cant gurantee these are real but i feel like these are spiritual dreams when i hear words i research online these words that i never heard of. sone maybe in the fall i will aquire a teacher. but i was curious about the name, i am unsure if it is secret or public i am open with my beleifs for the benefit of others. whehter this good 60/40 % meaning yes it is good but my actions may hurt the way. so my name is haraminaha. and i found out one hrah is egyptain form of my given name erin and two hara is of Avalokiteshvara. so what i think it means is student of Avalokiteshvara he is my teacher.

any suggestions be appreacited.
narraboth

Re: buddhist names

Post by narraboth »

Buddha said after himself every his follower should have a actual teacher, so I suggest you to get a really good one who can solve your questions. Before that, keep your dreams with you, you probably want to share them with him first.
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Uh, ok....

1) Please use punctuation and capital letters where appropriate, it makes things easier to read. Thanks.

2) If you think you have a connection to Avolokiteshvara, that's good. For example, HH the Dalai Lama is considered an emanation of Chenrezig (tib Avolokiteshvara). Many Lamas teach on Chenrezig at various times. You could seek out some of these teachings, maybe you will find the connection you are looking for.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
tempuserus

Post by tempuserus »

thanks i do understand keep things to myself but... if it helps sommeone but like i said if the community says stop then i stop thanx all
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

narraboth wrote:Buddha said after himself every his follower should have a actual teacher, so I suggest you to get a really good one who can solve your questions. Before that, keep your dreams with you, you probably want to share them with him first.
:good:

I think you have been caught up in a dream world and you are trying to make sense of it, even as far as your own name.

It is easy to read significance into many things, and names are usually chosen according to the meaning in the local cutlure. To attach other meanings to your name may be a pointless pursuit. For example:
'Hara (Japanese 腹: stomach) is a Japanese martial art term. It is equivalent to the lower of the three dantian (tanden in Japanese) in Traditional Chinese medicine, for the "center of being". (Wiki)

Buddhism has a lot to offer in making sense of phenomena, but you should first seek out a teacher and find out more about the path by doing some research.

I recommend this site as a good source: http://www.buddhanet.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maitri

Yeshe :)
Left
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

gnegirl wrote:Uh, ok....

1) Please use punctuation and capital letters where appropriate, it makes things easier to read. Thanks.
Hi gnegirl,

Not everyone who is a member and who posts here is a native english speaker therefore they may not know when to use capital letters or punctuation, however that does not preclude them from posting at this site. All are welcome regardless of their usage level of the English language.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
rt
tempuserus

Post by tempuserus »

i call upon the 35 buddha for what i am about to do is judge a bodhisattva i am not ordained but someday may. i also call you up for the benfit those who should use you now who go agaisnt buddhism.

dreaming is a foundation of tibetan buddhism the experiance if verified is worth be learnt, and then you should control or end the dream. by saying dreams are igorance especially in tibetan is going agaisnt the vinaya, why the code talks about not bad mouthing theravada, mahayana and tibetan buddhism or their students etc. bon one school of theravad i know nyingma school also uses and gelug through mahamudra uses dreams. being questioned by my beliefs, yes i admit i have no teacher except the dieties everything i see i verify so i wonder about those who say things like that. so theres a lama who is being stalked by a man who pretends to be a holyan and then goes agaisnt the code this is what i see but all i see is a forum i cant see into ne mind,one actions so pardon me if i am wrong. you have your beliefs i have mine when i get a teacher if he says i ma wrong then i am wrong but to pretend.... i am aware of my past lives i am aware of the teachings mayahana and tibetan buddhism, i am very worried about american buddhism if this is were things are going its water down buddhism. i said this out anger i am not a buddhist though i say i am. this is why i wonder who authnic on the forums and who is not that is why its cornerstone to have a teacher learning in ones area then forum. so if i am kicked out of forum for this so be it. i know i broke a few major secondary rules of the vinaya.
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you are angry about....

Language barrier maybe.. But no one has posted anything that I read as confrontational in any way. Except my quip about punctuation & capitalization, and I simply posted that because I for one am having a hard time reading your postings and gleaning the meaning of them.

What I read is that you are thinking we are not taking your dreams seriously. I would not think that is true. And you seem to be worried about breaking rules, but its not entirely clear to me.

Anyway, may you find peace on your path wherever that may lead you.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
tempuserus

Post by tempuserus »

read yeshe comment it i ms noy be otfsinrf but the deities recognize me, have you heard of the tibetan buddhist concept of hidden guru. well that would apply to me i may not have vows but i do have buddha potential the viniyana clearly says do not disrepct a bodhisattva. i live in the death realms when i lucid slee[ i know because i see sprits and deities i see things and know things i shouldnt so to discount these events is agaisnt the bodhisattava no buddhist way. i have admitted i questioned bodhisttva but for the sake to wake them up. so if you must bar me from this furm you must. like i said i see only a forum not people so i can mistake intetions etc, i also suffer from a mental illness that makes me distrust people so i admit i may be the one at faultand not ready for this path.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

tempuserus wrote:i call upon the 35 buddha for what i am about to do is judge a bodhisattva i am not ordained but someday may. i also call you up for the benfit those who should use you now who go agaisnt buddhism.

dreaming is a foundation of tibetan buddhism the experiance if verified is worth be learnt, and then you should control or end the dream.
ok, you have one half of the picture here, what you say is ok to a point, but then there is the otherside of this which is the complete picture, which you do not have, nor will you get from anyone but a close friendship from a spiritual guide.

but i dont want you to quit what your doing, just be relaxed, and then you will be open to it and make strong wish to get proper instructions. its not that hard or difficult if (and i guess you are) opening up to something from past connection to dharma.

:namaste:

good luck.
Last edited by Heruka on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

tempuserus wrote: i also suffer from a mental illness that makes me distrust people so i admit i may be the one at faultand not ready for this path.
we all suffer from one thing or another, your not special in that regard.
if you contemplate the four noble truths, buddha says theres hope for you too bro!

you just have to find your own path, and not a cookie cutter prescribed "one fits all" approach. there is scope and openess for all of us.
no one is left out of the buddhas teachings.

tempuserus

Post by tempuserus »

regardless who was right and wrong to question a style to question someone rank etc is a high secondary offense, if i see cloudy all the time and half truths how can i become this layperson that i dream off. i concede to thefact maybe yeshe and others like him and 90% right but the other 10% is stil crucial. thanks for setting me straight i will work with a lama and furthur my threapy so i can be a good buddhist and not judge anybody who knows one might be deity and to judge a deity even it looks grim is a no-no . i think though i willlimit my time here so not to cause conflict. i wish all safe jounery. i slept on it and for me i feel like mara. testing you all on your faith.
plwk

Post by plwk »

and for me i feel like mara. testing you all on your faith.
No Mara, no Buddha...heard of this?
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Heruka wrote: no one is left out of the buddhas teachings.

I think so, but if one really got mental problem, he'd better to solve it corretly.
I mean, if you have a phyisical illness, you will go to see a doctor and then maybe at the same time rely on buddha's teaching i guess?
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

tempuserus wrote:regardless who was right and wrong to question a style to question someone rank etc is a high secondary offense, if i see cloudy all the time and half truths how can i become this layperson that i dream off. i concede to thefact maybe yeshe and others like him and 90% right but the other 10% is stil crucial. thanks for setting me straight i will work with a lama and furthur my threapy so i can be a good buddhist and not judge anybody who knows one might be deity and to judge a deity even it looks grim is a no-no . i think though i willlimit my time here so not to cause conflict. i wish all safe jounery. i slept on it and for me i feel like mara. testing you all on your faith.

Don't worry - question away, and I'm sorry if I made you angry. You are not testing my faith at all.

Dreaming is absolutely not a foundation of TB, however, and it is this sort of confused belief which seem to be spinning around with the rest of the visions you are having. If you believe that what you have explained of your visions is akin to Mahamudra again you are incorrect.

Nobody is trying to tell you what to do, but we can advise if you wish, but with no claim to any superiority. From what I read, I can only advise that you need to slow down and conduct analysis, meditate and cogitate with the guidance of a teacher, rather than chase what seem to me to be shimmering mirages. If that's too blunt, I apologise, but so far that's what I see.

maitri

Yeshe
Left
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

narraboth wrote:
Heruka wrote: no one is left out of the buddhas teachings.

I think so, but if one really got mental problem, he'd better to solve it corretly.
I mean, if you have a phyisical illness, you will go to see a doctor and then maybe at the same time rely on buddha's teaching i guess?

i think the spectrum of what is considered a mental problem is always being expanded, pharma companies are constantly looking for new untapped markets, either real or created to sell "mother's little helper".

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”