Strange dream

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Strange dream

Postby Namu Butsu » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:27 am

So I had this strange dream with the Dalai Lama as one of the main characters. He was sitting in a temple (the details of the temple are sketchy). He tells me of a ritual in which he recites Namu Myoho Renge Kyo. Obviously the Dalai Lama practices Tibetan Buddhism and its strange that he was teaching me to recite Namu Myoho Renge Kyo. I am not sure what this means, but I have been nihilistic lately thinking that dreams and other such things mean nothing. Not sure what to make of it.

Any thoughts?

:namaste:
"Just say the nembutsu and be liberated" Shinran Shonin
"However hard it may be to bid farewell to this world, when the conditions that bind us to this saha [samsara] realm run out, we are powerless to do anything as the final hour arrives and we are swept away to that Land." -A Record in Lament of Divergences
Namu Butsu

Re: Strange dream

Postby plwk » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:50 am

I dunno Namu Butsu...some accept that HHDL is a manifestation of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva and Chapter 25 of the Lotus Sutra is exactly on Him, so....
plwk

Postby lojong1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:02 am

Namu Butsu wrote: Not sure what to make of it.

Ask him tonight.
lojong1

Postby Namu Butsu » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:15 pm

I suppose it could be nothing. :alien:
"Just say the nembutsu and be liberated" Shinran Shonin
"However hard it may be to bid farewell to this world, when the conditions that bind us to this saha [samsara] realm run out, we are powerless to do anything as the final hour arrives and we are swept away to that Land." -A Record in Lament of Divergences
Namu Butsu

Postby Luke » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Namu Butsu wrote:I suppose it could be nothing. :alien:

Yes, maybe it has no particular meaning in the sense that you're looking for, but I think that the Dalai Lama's image gives great blessings no matter where it is: in real-life, in a photo, on the internet, in a dream, etc. So I would just be happy that you could receive some blessings from another image of His Holiness. If the dream made you feel some extra inspiration or compassion, then try to use those feelings to benefit other beings.

Long live the Dalai Lama! Free Tibet!
Luke

Return to Personal Experience