Juniper Buddhist Training

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Juniper Buddhist Training

Postby Jikan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:48 pm

As I've suggested in other threads...

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1743

...I'm interested in how ways of training Buddhists into leaders (or clergy...) are developing. This is another example of which I'm not at all familiar, but at first blush seems to represent a variation on the theme of Shambhala training: secularized and presented like corporate training or professional development. Anyone familiar with this and the people who made it and promote it?

http://www.juniperpath.org
Jikan
Site Admin

Re: Juniper Buddhist Training

Postby Mr. G » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:35 pm

The bio of the founder:

Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Rinpoche earned a degree in electrical engineering at Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro while also becoming a master in Brazil’s rich healing tradition. In 1983, Rinpoche moved to the United States and shortly thereafter was recognized by the 98th Gaden Tri Rinpoche, the spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism’s Gelug School, as a master and holder of a renowned Tibetan Buddhist lineage known as the Segyu. Rinpoche’s primary teacher was Kyabje Lati Rinpoche (1922-2010), one of Tibetan Buddhism’s most acclaimed masters of recent times and the former abbot of Tibet’s famous Gaden Shartse Monastery. Rinpoche spent almost twenty-five years studying under Kyabje Lati Rinpoche and collecting the ancient wisdom and methods of Tibetan Buddhist thought. In 2002, Rinpoche closed his teaching centers around the world in order to focus on Juniper’s work and to train Juniper’s founders. Rinpoche is a coauthor of Juniper’s written content and lectures on Buddhist training for modern life.

In 1983, Rinpoche moved to the United States and shortly thereafter was recognized by the 98th Gaden Tri Rinpoche, the spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism’s Gelug School, as a master and holder of a renowned Tibetan Buddhist lineage known as the Segyu.

Can someone confirm this?
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Daniel Arraes » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:24 am

Hi there!
I'm Brazilian, so I know his recognition is legit. He was part of the entourage accompanying Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche, when he came to Brazil to give the Kalachakra empowerment in Rio. But I'm not sure he has been fully trained in the Gelug tradition.
Daniel Arraes

Postby Tilopa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:04 am

Jikan wrote: Anyone familiar with this and the people who made it and promote it?
http://www.juniperpath.org

I know Segyu Rinpoche and some of his students quite well. He's really a wonderful teacher, monk and healer. Not at all familiar with the Juniper program but I'm quite sure it would be a good one. :namaste:
Tilopa

Postby Tilopa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 am

mr. gordo wrote: In 1983, Rinpoche moved to the United States and shortly thereafter was recognized by the 98th Gaden Tri Rinpoche, the spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism’s Gelug School, as a master and holder of a renowned Tibetan Buddhist lineage known as the Segyu.
Can someone confirm this?

Yes he's legitimately recognized in the Gelug heirarchy. No doubt at all about that.
Tilopa

Postby Jikan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 pm

This is all helpful information. Thank you very much.
Jikan
Site Admin

Return to Open Dharma