Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

T. Chokyi

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by T. Chokyi »

dzogchungpa wrote:Is the transmission going to be webcast?
Yes, at 11pm Eastern Time USA today or 6AM in the morning in Ukraine (18th) where CHNNR actually
is giving the transmission from physically.

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... reastcale/
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

So, we can watch it online, without physically going to a center?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Sherlock wrote:Could someone repost the picture of Superman with an A on his chest? :smile:
Here's a copy I made of it. I think I cropped it a little:
dzogman.jpg
dzogman.jpg (12.14 KiB) Viewed 8418 times
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Snovid

Post by Snovid »

Budda Siakja Moomin :tongue:
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

dzogchumpa: I'm going to watch it on a center but if it's an open webcast you can watch it from home, however this isn't specified on the page ( http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... ransmiss4/ )

Probably another forumer can tell us if it's going to be fully open. I don't remember if GR anniversary transmissions were open or not. In any case this will be the video link for watching:

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

The worldwide transmissions are always in open webcast.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
krodha

Post by krodha »

Transmission webcast in 4 hours!

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Thanks, that's a much better image.
YogaDude11

Post by YogaDude11 »

If I have already received skatipat initiation is it ok to watch this transmission? Is there anything I should know prior to watching?
krodha

Post by krodha »

YogaDude11 wrote:If I have already received skatipat initiation is it ok to watch this transmission? Is there anything I should know prior to watching?
Starts in 40 mins, just log on and the webcast will be roughly an hour. Most likely will be no explanation but just be attentive and listen/watch Rinpoche with the intention of receiving the transmission and you will. The webcast today will be primarily done in mantra so there's nothing to intellectually comprehend, just be present and attentive with the intention to receive the transmission.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

YogaDude11 wrote:If I have already received skatipat initiation is it ok to watch this transmission? Is there anything I should know prior to watching?
read this

http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webc ... MBHAVA.pdf
Admin

Post by Admin »

PLEASE NOTE

Since May 2011, when this topic was created, a considerable amount of time and effort has been spent by the staff team to try and keep the ad hominem/personal attacks and other assorted off-topic posts under control to facillitate members of, and those interested in, Dzogchen Community in having a place to gather to discuss the teachings of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, i.e. those permitted under Dharma Wheel's Terms of Service or ... the Rules! (ToS).

In just over two years this topic has grown to being an unwieldy 172 pages long (not counting several pages of removed posts). As an example of the (typical) work involved in maintaining this topic, since July 5 2013 to the date of this post i.e. 13 days, there have been 7 reported posts, 55 posts have been removed and all available staff members have received numerous PM's specifically about content of this one topic. One staff member alone has received 21 different PM's in connection with this topic, all since July 5. On top of thread clean ups and dealing with PM's and reports there are of course ongoing staff discussions and decisions regarding various aspects of maintaining this single topic and dealing with those whose posts in the topic violate the ToS.

After due consideration a decision has been reached. From the date of this post the topic "Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu" is a 'read only' pinned reference topic. Everyone is welcome to continue to start or join discussions in the Dzogchen forum but as of today's date and for the foreseeable future Dharma Wheel will not be hosting a dedicated "Dzogchen Community" topic.

Times and dates of Dzogchen Community webcasts and retreats can be posted in the Dharma Events forum.

Admin
Paul

Post by Paul »

This topic has been reopened. Please abide by the TOS, as you would in any other thread. :namaste:
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Luke

Post by Luke »

If people don't mind, I would like to ask some very basic questions:

What is the basic sequence of practices in the Dzogchen Community? Does it follow some standard Nyingma sequence or is it more random (i.e. you were lucky enough to attend event xyz, so you practice the meditation that was taught at event xyz, etc.)?
Paul

Post by Paul »

Luke wrote:If people don't mind, I would like to ask some very basic questions:

What is the basic sequence of practices in the Dzogchen Community? Does it follow some standard Nyingma sequence or is it more random (i.e. you were lucky enough to attend event xyz, so you practice the meditation that was taught at event xyz, etc.)?
There are three elements to the DC:
  • guruyoga, which is resting in the state of the direct introduction
  • ordinary presence - ie mindfulness
  • working with circumstance
The core of it all is guruyoga. That's the fundamental linchpin that Rinpoche asks everyone to do. Rinpoche does a direct introduction at all events and so dzogchen guruyoga can done by anyone who was there or attended the webcast.

The practices like Mandarava, ganapuja etc are to help the practitioner and overcome obstacles. They are not an end in themselves, but ways to purify samaya etc. As far as I know Rinpoche does a lot of Mandarava practice to help with his health, for example, as he's been drastically ill at least three times.

There are the semdzins and rushens which are there to help clarify knowledge of the natural state via experiences of the body, voice and mind. The Precious Vase and the SMS training based on it form a structured curriculum that is really, really excellent. It gives a thorough understanding of all the yanas and a structured set of practices (like the semdzins) to clarify experience. For example there's a set number of hours to do each one for. I think that would be the kind of structure you're asking about.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Here's an interesting question for you, given that guruyoga in DC seems to be basically resting in the nature of mind established in the DI...if you've already do that sort of practice outside of DC, in addition to doing DI with Rinpoche, is there anything new to adopt, or do you merely continue with your practice, sort informed by the experience of the DI? I believe there are specifics to the way it's done in DC, is it seen as important to adopt those?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

I have started with the SMS Base practices from the TPV, and have a few questions regarding them:
1. I am currently going through the practices in order, in the way the list is presented. Is this how it is supposed to be done?

2. For the practice recommendations, the time period given for the practice sometimes ranges from a day to seven days. How does one choose the amount of time to spend on a specific practice? I am thinking of choosing the maximum amount of time every time to be safe.

3. "Signs of practice" are mentioned at several places, and I believe I read somewhere in Dharmawheel that each Rushen for example has it's own sign of practice. How does one find out what these signs are? Is there a resource where I can read about these things?
Luke

Post by Luke »

I watched this ChNN video and enjoyed it. I am not yet sure which Buddhist tradition I will follow in the future, but I recognize quality teaching when I see it. :twothumbsup:

phpBB [video]

May ChNN remain healthy and live a long life so that he may continue to benefit many beings with his teachings. :namaste:
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:good: :twothumbsup: :good:

:heart:
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

LolCat wrote:I have started with the SMS Base practices from the TPV, and have a few questions regarding them:
1. I am currently going through the practices in order, in the way the list is presented. Is this how it is supposed to be done?

2. For the practice recommendations, the time period given for the practice sometimes ranges from a day to seven days. How does one choose the amount of time to spend on a specific practice? I am thinking of choosing the maximum amount of time every time to be safe.

3. "Signs of practice" are mentioned at several places, and I believe I read somewhere in Dharmawheel that each Rushen for example has it's own sign of practice. How does one find out what these signs are? Is there a resource where I can read about these things?
It is better that you contact an SMS Base Instructor, but to question 1, no. The order is not that important. 2 actually is related to 3, ideally you do the practice until you get the experiences described. 3 is not that good to describe publicly IMO, ask an instructor.

Return to “Dzogchen”