Will samsara be emptied?

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: Will samsara be emptied?

Postby ground » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:25 am

Rael wrote:...it was a polite way of stating you don't know ....

I don't know what?

Rael wrote:you jump to conclusions

What conclusions did appear to you?

Rael wrote:and slight the Mahayana....

No. Actually I am advocating Mahayana.

Kind regards
ground

Postby Rael » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:34 am

TMingyur wrote:
Rael wrote:...it was a polite way of stating you don't know ....

I don't know what?

Rael wrote:you jump to conclusions

What conclusions did appear to you?

Rael wrote:and slight the Mahayana....

No. Actually I am advocating Mahayana.

Kind regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfBmeOZixM8
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby Rael » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 am

TMingyur wrote:
TMingyur wrote:Therefore those who seek "faster vehicles" because of "endlessly lasting endless effort" are destined to fail in the first place

Kind regards

Actually such deluded ideas like seeking "faster vehicles" because of "endlessly lasting endless effort" ressemble ideas of skipping the 8fold path and only practicing a "3fold" path because one does not like the remaining 5 items or ideas like putting much effort into overcoming only one of the 12 links of dependent origination instead of abondoning all links altogether.

Kind regards

thats a great song...it's Alchemy , it's kundallinni, i knew what it was about when i first heard it and it inspired me....

anyway...the above stuff you wrote is what made me feel you slight the mahayana...among other things you have written

then your views on sunyata are just not knowing...it's not your fault but you come across as you know better....

TMingyur wrote:
How could something that is mere thought be experienced? It may be experienced as a thought, okay ... but that's it.

Kind regards

i tried to explain it to you at the cost of breaking some forum rule about keeping the uninitiated from knowing what is taught and experienced....and you just did not mention anything

i did read that Vajrayana is not your cup of tea and therefor i think maybe i should cut you some slack....

clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby ground » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:28 am

Rael wrote:clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..

If you feel slighted then please accept my apologies.

Actually what I am saying refers to views in the first place. It does not refer to so called "persons".
However it often happens that not-knowing causes identification of self-felt "persons" with self-felt views.

Kind regards
ground

Postby Rael » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 pm

TMingyur wrote:

thats a slight to me..

If you feel slighted then please accept my apologies.

Actually what I am saying refers to views in the first place. It does not refer to so called "persons".
However it often happens that not-knowing causes identification of self-felt "persons" with self-felt views.

Kind regards

LOL!!!!

Are you reaching ...did you want me to think you slighted me so you could do what you just did publicly.... :popcorn:
TMingyur wrote:

thats a slight to me..

Rael wrote:i tried to explain it to you at the cost of breaking some forum rule about keeping the uninitiated from knowing what is taught and experienced....and you just did not mention anything

i did read that Vajrayana is not your cup of tea and therefor i think maybe i should cut you some slack....

clearly you don't know and then say stuff like the last quote...

thats a slight to me..

I thought you never understood the word slight and what it implies....

so i wrote the above....

it had nothing to do with you doing something to my person....Nor me feeling slighted....

you have to read and then remember ....i said you slighted mahayana

we could do this via pm ....
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby ground » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:18 pm

Rael wrote:it had nothing to do with you doing something to my person....Nor me feeling slighted....

It obviously has to do with you, Rael. Therefore your insistence.

What do you want me to confirm about your views? Please tell me.

But again: Actually I am advocating the Mahayana. But perhaps your Mahayana is a different one. If so then that's okay for me. Why? Because every practitioner should have his/her own Mahayana.

Kind regards
ground

Postby Rael » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:34 pm

TMingyur wrote:
Rael wrote:it had nothing to do with you doing something to my person....Nor me feeling slighted....

It obviously has to do with you, Rael. Therefore your insistence.

What do you want me to confirm about your views? Please tell me.

But again: Actually I am advocating the Mahayana. But perhaps your Mahayana is a different one. If so then that's okay for me. Why? Because every practitioner should have his/her own Mahayana.

Kind regards

you keep upping the ante...

I fold
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby ground » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 am

"There the instructed disciple of the noble ones considers thus: 'Is there anything in the world to which I could cling without being blameworthy?' He discerns: 'There is nothing in the world to which I could cling without being blameworthy.' He discerns: 'In clinging, I would be clinging just to form. In clinging, I would be clinging just to feeling... perception... fabrications. In clinging, I would be clinging just to consciousness. From that clinging of mine as a requisite condition would come becoming. From becoming as a requisite condition, birth. From birth as a requisite condition, then aging, illness, & death, sorrow, lamentation pain, distress, & despair would come into play. Thus would be the origination of this entire mass of suffering & stress.'
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html

This is the instruction for emptying samsara.

Kind regards
ground

Postby Nosta » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:28 pm

The texts speaking on icchantika and agotrastha are no buddhists. Buddha said: "nothing is permanent [only Nirvana]" and "everything is impermanent".

If Nirvana will NEVER be possible for such beings, thats not a Buddha teaching in my opinion. They are saying that some beings are permanent, forever.
Nosta

Previous

Return to Open Dharma