There is a problem with Buddhism after all ....

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

Re: There is a problem with Buddhism after all ....

Postby CSEe » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:20 am

Perhaps the problem with Buddhism since thousand of years ago is human are gaining knowledge not awareness .
Perhaps human are too ego/selfish to learn Buddha which is same and equal .
perhaps human want to be some body or something and have desire but in Buddha is nothing and empty .
Perhaps the problem with Buddhism is human spending too much time in gaining knowledge instead to self exploration .
Perhaps the problem is too may people have too many idea , as in Buddha having idea is wrong .
Perhaps the problem is too many people have common sense before awareness instead of in Buddha common sense is comes after awareness .
Perhaps human are using wrong tools for searching Buddha .
Perhaps all books / text is limitation in searching Buddha .
Perhaps there are many more "perhaps".....
CSEe

Postby Adamantine » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:47 am

CSE, since you have already revealed that you know next to nothing about Buddhism, and have no interest in studying it yourself, why do you feel that you have any capacity to decide that there is anything 'wrong' with it? And if you have no interest in learning about it, why do you keep spending your time on this forum? Just to try to convince people to stop being Buddhists? Well, I have news for you, most of us are lost causes. Why? Because many people here, such as myself, have had many many direct experiences with human beings that are realized-- that are not ordinary-- that display vast wisdom and compassion that is contagious and that transmits itself directly to our own minds (or reflects our own wisdom back to us) in the best of circumstances, -when we are open enough to receive it. These direct experiences of vastness and compassion function far beyond the intellect, beyond simple 'knowledge' in the way you intend it. So despite what you seem to believe, this is not a lineage of book-learning, or simple knowledge. It is actually a holistic lineage that values study, but also direct transmission, meditation, relationship with spiritual friends, etc. So the degree that we have already been transformed by these relationships-- to that degree we are beyond hope of being convinced even in the slightest by an anonymous internet persona that can hardly write decent english sentences. So I would suggest you reevaluate your purpose for being here!

Sarwa Mangalam!

-A
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Global Moderator

Postby Rael » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 am

Adamantine wrote:CSE, since you have already revealed that you know next to nothing about Buddhism, and have no interest in studying it yourself, why do you feel that you have any capacity to decide that there is anything 'wrong' with it? And if you have no interest in learning about it, why do you keep spending your time on this forum? Just to try to convince people to stop being Buddhists? Well, I have news for you, most of us are lost causes. Why? Because many people here, such as myself, have had many many direct experiences with human beings that are realized-- that are not ordinary-- that display vast wisdom and compassion that is contagious and that transmits itself directly to our own minds (or reflects our own wisdom back to us) in the best of circumstances, -when we are open enough to receive it. These direct experiences of vastness and compassion function far beyond the intellect, beyond simple 'knowledge' in the way you intend it. So despite what you seem to believe, this is not a lineage of book-learning, or simple knowledge. It is actually a holistic lineage that values study, but also direct transmission, meditation, relationship with spiritual friends, etc. So the degree that we have already been transformed by these relationships-- to that degree we are beyond hope of being convinced even in the slightest by an anonymous internet persona that can hardly write decent english sentences. So I would suggest you reevaluate your purpose for being here!

Sarwa Mangalam!

-A

i enjoyed this post immensely ...even though i could not read the post it was directed to...

your alright Adamantine
Love Love Love
Rael

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 am

Chaz wrote:
tamdrin wrote:If it all ends up to be true... Why don't we aim for rebirth in Amitabha's pureland. Screw another precious human life, which is indeed guaranteed to be full of suffering.

Some do just that. Their main practice is Amitabha. They aspire for birth in Amitabha's Pure Land. The thing is that it involves rebirth as a human, too.

On the other hand, some take Bodhisattva Vows and aspire to remain in the samsaric cycle to aid sentient beings.

Some Bodhisattvas aspire to take birth in a Pure Land in order to complete the Bhumis and the Paths so that they may better aid sentient beings in Samsara.

Chaz,

Wherever did you get the idea that being reborn in Dewachen involves rebirth later as a human? This is not what the sutras or commentaries say at all.

Also, practicing for rebirth in Dewachen is entirely within the scope of the bodhisattva vow. If you do a little bit of studying, you'll learn that the sutras and commentaries say that progress toward buddhahood - which is of course the state of the absolute greatest capacity to benefit beings - is light-years quicker in Dewachen than in this world (except for the most rare practitioners of Secret Mantra's two stages and Mahamudra/Dzogchen).
Pema Rigdzin

Previous

Return to Open Dharma