H.E. Ayang Rinpoche - Namchoe Amitabha

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Mr. G

H.E. Ayang Rinpoche - Namchoe Amitabha

Post by Mr. G »

Hey all,

I'm looking for the Namchoe Amitabha practice as taught by H.E. Ayang Rinpoche. It's supposed to be a guided visualization following an audio recording of Ayang Rinpoche. I've been told it does not require an empowerment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was actually hoping to go to a Phowa teaching this year held by Ayang Rinpoche, but unfortunately, there are no events scheduled for 2011.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
pemachophel

Re: H.E. Ayang Rinpoche - Namchoe Amitabha

Post by pemachophel »

I've taken H.E. Ayang Rinpoche's phowa course in Bodhgaya and I was absolutely wonderful. However, I believe the sadhana you're referring to (there's both a long and short one) do require initiation and lung. For sure Rinpoche gave both at the course I was at. The sadhana does involve self-visualization as the deity (Chenrezing) for the dag-kye who then is supplicating Amitabha, the dun-kye. Regardless, I highly recommend H.E. Ayang's Rinpoche's phowa course wherever or whenever you get a chance to do it. I know I plan on doing it again, and it was clear that, at the course I attended, there were a number of students who had done the course several/many times. The blessings were amazing.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Agree that empowerment is preferred, but I don't think doing the practice prior to getting empowerment is "verboten," in this case.

Here: http://www.kdk.org/book.html
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

pemachophel wrote:I've taken H.E. Ayang Rinpoche's phowa course in Bodhgaya and I was absolutely wonderful. However, I believe the sadhana you're referring to (there's both a long and short one) do require initiation and lung. For sure Rinpoche gave both at the course I was at. The sadhana does involve self-visualization as the deity (Chenrezing) for the dag-kye who then is supplicating Amitabha, the dun-kye. Regardless, I highly recommend H.E. Ayang's Rinpoche's phowa course wherever or whenever you get a chance to do it. I know I plan on doing it again, and it was clear that, at the course I attended, there were a number of students who had done the course several/many times. The blessings were amazing.
That sounds great pema. I hope to have the opportunity to meet Ayang Rinpoche one day.

I saw on the NY site for Ayang Rinpoche that they do a practice of his that doesn't require empowerment. I will check further.
conebeckham wrote:Agree that empowerment is preferred, but I don't think doing the practice prior to getting empowerment is "verboten," in this case.

Here: http://www.kdk.org/book.html
Hi cone,

Which one is it on that page? I will email them to confirm if empowerment is required.
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

There's an Amitabha Sadhana listed.....and also, I think they have a tape of the practice. It is the short sadhana, I think, but I know it is the Namcho from Namcho Mingyur Dorje.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

from http://www.kdk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bookstore...

Amitabha Puja CD $12.00
Amitabha - $7.00

The sadhana itself is not listed under those "requiring empowerment,"......

Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

conebeckham wrote:from http://www.kdk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bookstore...

Amitabha Puja CD $12.00
Amitabha - $7.00

The sadhana itself is not listed under those "requiring empowerment,"......
Thanks cone!
  • How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”