If you have already indicated an interest in attending, please know that you must send in your deposit as well to hold your place in the retreat.
H.E. Sakya Jetsun Chimey Luding Rinpoche
Sakya Kachod Choling
San Juan Island, WA
Sakya Kachod Choling is very happy to announce that Jetsun Kushok has, with great kindness, agreed to give a 1 month Vajrayogini retreat this year. This precious gift, a Vajrayogini retreat with Jetsun Kushok, will be limited to 12 practitioners. It is advised to register early.
Dates: September 8th - October 8th
Cost: non-members $1922.00 members $1730.00
please add $15.00 per day or $5.00 per meal for food for any arrival/post retreat days
Arrival dates: September 6th or 7th, for set up and settling in
Departure date: October 8th, anytime after 12:00 noon. If you can stay a day or two after the retreat to help with cleanup, that would be much appreciated.
1. You do not need to have done the 3 month retreat to do this retreat.
2. You should have had all the necessary empowerments and teachings before coming to this retreat. They are the Hevajra or Chakrasamvara empowerment in the Sakya tradition and the Vajrayogini empowerment and the 7 day Vajrayogini Teaching in the Sakya tradition. Jetsun Kushok will give the Vajrayogini empowerment at the beginning of the retreat. She will not be giving the Hevajra or Chakrasamvara empowerment or the 7 Day Teaching.
3. People who have done the 3 month retreat but not finished the mantra commitment can come.
4. People who are not doing the retreat but who would like to receive the Vajrayogini empowerment at the start of the retreat may do so. You must have had the Sakya Hevajra or Chakrasamvara empowerment as a prerequisite.
RETREAT COMMITMENTS AND GENERAL INFORMATION:
1. This will be a silent retreat. Silence starts with the Vajrayogini empowerment. You absolutely will not be able to send or receive e-mails or phone calls. Be sure this is clearly understood by friends and family. All business and personal matters must be taken care of before arriving at the retreat.
Silence within the retreat will follow these guidelines: functional speech only, i.e. associated with chores and practice questions. Discursive speech, chatting with friends, telling one’s life stories can be very distracting and disruptive to one’s ability to not only keep the silence but to maintaining mental concentration on the deity.
2. Meals: Meals will be vegetarian. There will be no exceptions or changes to the menu. People with life threatening food allergies or health conditions should let that be known and they will be taken into consideration when planning meals.
3. The mantra commitment for this retreat is 100,000. Mantras can be accumulated towards the Beyond Thought commitment. Mantras cannot be accumulated towards the 3 month retreat commitment. These need to be completed in a single continuous retreat.
4. The retreat schedule is very rigorous. If you find you cannot keep the schedule or retreat commitments and decide to leave, your retreat fees will be credited to you for a future group or private retreat at any time with a 2 year expiration date on a space available basis.
5. For those not able to do this retreat or who want to plan for a future long Vajrayogini retreat, Jetsun Kushok has agreed to give the 3 month retreat every 3 years. The next 3 month retreat at SKC is currently planned for 2012.
6. Cleanup: If you can stay for a couple of days after the retreat to help with cleanup, that would be wonderful. These days are also important to decompress and start reentry into ‘everyday’ life.