Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Sonam Wangchug

Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Hello I and 2 others would like to get mirror divinations from Lama dawa rinpoche. However his website says he is in retreat and check back after march 2012. It seems obvious that the website hasn't been updated, because it's well after march and on Saraswati Bhawans Facebook it shows him active.

Does anyone in general, or specifically his students know if lama dawa rinpoche is currently doing any Mo divinations? If so who should I contact to send the questions in.

Thanks!
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
pemachophel

Re: Lama Dawa Mirror Divination

Post by pemachophel »

I received a mirror divination from Lama Dawa a few weeks ago. So I know He is doing them. I think it depends on the seriousness of the person's need, although don't quote me on that. Also, I am a student of Lama Dawa's. I don't know how much of a factor that is, but probably did play a part. In any case, give it a shot. What have you got to loose?

I'll be seeing Lama Dawa and His wife in a few days. I'll see if I can get clarification then. If it's just a matter of updating the website, I'll give gentle nudge.

Good luck and best wishes.

:namaste:
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I think there is already a thread here about this topic.

I have consulted him twice and at first thought he was giving me information and advice which I simply couldn't follow - such as obtaining a very specific empowerment which was never available anywhere I could afford to get to. Then Dzogchen Rinpoche appeared in my area and offered exactly what I had been advised to receive. There was a gap of a couple of years so Lama Dawa could not have known.

The other divination he gave me was spectacularly accurate.

His answers are not vague, so make sure your question follows the guidelines given and is precise. :)
Left
Tenpa2010

Post by Tenpa2010 »

Mirror Divination - in what lineage is it? if there text upon it, who is author?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Thra-beb, mirror divination, is widespread within Tibetan Buddhism. It is not lineage specific, and there are a number of different sadhanas from a variety of sources. The ability often runs in families. However, this ability can be enhanced and refined by specific practices. It is typically mediated by a Protector, such as Tsheringma or Dorje Yudronma. I know of mirror diviners in both Nyingma and Gelug lineages. I assume that they exist in Kagyud and Sakya.

Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Does anybody know if Lama Dawa is currently available for these anymore? Or if other Lamas do? I was under the impression that he was hard to get a hold of.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Lama Dawa is currently in Mexico giving teaching there until later this summer. As far as I know, He is only doing mirror divinations that are really urgent and important.

Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Thank you, Pemachoepel.
My burning curiosities will have to burn away. :thinking:
M.G.

Post by M.G. »

One teeny caveat:

I actually received one mirror divination from Lama Dawa which turned out to be inaccurate. I'm not in the slightest trying to attack his personal character here, which I believe to be good, he just happened to err in a divination.

I believe those people I've met who testify for his uncanny insight and claim to have received stunningly accurate divinations from him, and I would not discourage anyone from seeking his counsel. I would advise applying a small grain of salt to the results of any divination, from whatever source, as my experience suggests that nothing in this zone of human experience can be absolutely relied on.
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Could somebody PM me the contact email address please? There's no details on the site as it says he's in retreat.

Additionally is it possible to pay via PayPal? There's only an option for money orders.
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Sonam Wangchug wrote:Hello I and 2 others would like to get mirror divinations from Lama dawa rinpoche. However his website says he is in retreat and check back after march 2012. It seems obvious that the website hasn't been updated, because it's well after march and on Saraswati Bhawans Facebook it shows him active.

Does anyone in general, or specifically his students know if lama dawa rinpoche is currently doing any Mo divinations? If so who should I contact to send the questions in.

Thanks!
Same here. I've been waiting over a year.
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
philji

Post by philji »

He is in Nepal/India at present, not sure for how long.
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

M.G. wrote:One teeny caveat:

I actually received one mirror divination from Lama Dawa which turned out to be inaccurate. I'm not in the slightest trying to attack his personal character here, which I believe to be good, he just happened to err in a divination.

I believe those people I've met who testify for his uncanny insight and claim to have received stunningly accurate divinations from him, and I would not discourage anyone from seeking his counsel. I would advise applying a small grain of salt to the results of any divination, from whatever source, as my experience suggests that nothing in this zone of human experience can be absolutely relied on.

It's not that his was not inaccurate, you just changed your fate by different doings, mantras or practices and created new outcome of karmas. Mostly people who follow just karma not their own fate or discipline will have accurate to the 90% or sometimes 98% predictions. I use to predict by Mo divination or astrology.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Rinpoche is in retreat for three months in Nepal. He just moved from outer to inner retreat. I don't believe He is currently doing any mirror divinations.

Karinos

Post by Karinos »

pael

Post by pael »

Can Lama Dawa determine who is my root guru? Is answer in ''yes or no'' format? Or can I give list of options? Can answer be ''his name isn't in this list''? What if I can't reach lama whom he divinates?
Last edited by pael on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

pael wrote:Can Lama Dawa determine who is my root guru? Is answer in ''yes or no'' format? Or can I give list of options? Can answer be ''his name isn't in this list''? What if answer person isn't reachable?
from pemachophel in another thread, 10 days ago:
pemachophel wrote:Sorry to tell you but Lamas Dawa is at His home in Boudha, Nepal sick with stage 4 colon cancer. He is only seeing His personal students and friends, not even other Lamas and Tulkus who would like to meet Him.
So I do not think Lama Dawa will resume the mirror divinations.
philji

Post by philji »

Very sad to hear this news about Lama Dawa.
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

pael wrote:Can Lama Dawa determine who is my root guru? Is answer in ''yes or no'' format? Or can I give list of options? Can answer be ''his name isn't in this list''? What if I can't reach lama whom he divinates?

I don't know who else is available who can do mirror divinations on the same level as Lama Dawa, but I met someone just a few days ago who told me that Lama Dawa had revealed their root guru in a mirror divination, so it sounds like this can definitely be done. Lama Dawa gave this person a specific name of a guru, too.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Norwegian wrote:
pael wrote:Can Lama Dawa determine who is my root guru? Is answer in ''yes or no'' format? Or can I give list of options? Can answer be ''his name isn't in this list''? What if answer person isn't reachable?
from pemachophel in another thread, 10 days ago:
pemachophel wrote:Sorry to tell you but Lamas Dawa is at His home in Boudha, Nepal sick with stage 4 colon cancer. He is only seeing His personal students and friends, not even other Lamas and Tulkus who would like to meet Him.
So I do not think Lama Dawa will resume the mirror divinations.
Curse the nagas for their powers of giving cancer, especially harming a high lama I was planning to contact on Saraswati. Nevermind, let us perform the Medicine Buddha, Orgyen Menla, Tara who increases realizations in the Suryagupta tradition(Also known as Drolma Rabbye me and Sita Vijaya Tara), White Tara, Namgyalma, and any other healing deities for him(pity Saraswati doesn't have a healing form). As for the nagas, let some of us practice Tara Victorious over the Three Levels of the World(Triklokya Vijia Tara), the Black Garuda, Palden Lhamo, Mahakala, Manjushri Nagarajakshasa, or any protector deity of the Nyingma or form of Saraswati to ward off the nagas.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Return to “Nyingma”