Different colors

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Re: Different colors

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Sherab wrote:That is because 1 has a greenish tint. Try removing the greenish tint.
Agreed.

If the yellow at the bottom of the header matched the yellow where it says "Board index ‹ Welcome ‹ Suggestion Box" it would be much better.

Either way though - I think it's coming along nicely.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Having been away for a while - quite a shock. But am adjusting. The only thing I do not care for is the colored "fog" that hovers at the top of the main header and the top two fora in each section of the Board Index. A simple solid color would be better.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Will wrote:Having been away for a while - quite a shock. But am adjusting. The only thing I do not care for is the colored "fog" that hovers at the top of the main header and the top two fora in each section of the Board Index. A simple solid color would be better.
Maroon would be nice - just a solid block of it.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Dexing

Post by Dexing »

retrofuturist wrote:
Sherab wrote:That is because 1 has a greenish tint. Try removing the greenish tint.
Agreed.

If the yellow at the bottom of the header matched the yellow where it says "Board index ‹ Welcome ‹ Suggestion Box" it would be much better.
That, and you'll have to change the Dharma Wheel letters to maroon. Then it should be nice.

:namaste:
nopalabhyate...
Su DongPo

Post by Su DongPo »

Actually, I liked it better yesterday. "Dharma Wheel" now looks too washed out in light yellow against the greeny yellow. I liked the knot too.

Anyway, you are doing a good job. Thanks for taking suggestions.
Jnana

Post by Jnana »

It's looking good. Clear and spacious and bright and well attended to.

All the best,

Geoff
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

Yeshe D. wrote:
David N. Snyder wrote:Over the next couple of days, we may be trying out some different colors. So feel free to comment if you like the current colors or not.
Whatever the actual color choice, light and bright is preferable to the old dark gray. So far, this is an improvement.

All the best,

Geoff
I agree with that.

I have an idea for the admnistrators or moderators: take some pics to the new colors and open a poll so we can vote. Its important to post the pics so we can choose one.

The new orange tone is nice and calm, much better that the older one.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

I think the colours could change daily as a mathematical random function.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
lisehull

Post by lisehull »

I think the final decision is best left to the administrators. :namaste:
Lise
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I like the cleaner brighter masthead as it is today. :)
Left
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Yeshe wrote:I like the cleaner brighter masthead as it is today. :)
Me too! :twothumbsup:
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

The colour of the main banner with the fading between brown(ish) at the top and yellowy green at the bottom and the colour of 'Board Index' band underneath still clash and the words Dharma Wheel fade into the background instead of standing out. I think someone mentioned somewhere having the whole banner as one solid colour i.e. maroon in which case the wording will stand out a lot more plus there won't be any grating clash where the two colours 'meet'.

Back to :coffee:

Regards,

rt
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks for all the input regarding the colors. We won't be able to implement all of the recommendations because there will always be conflicting recommendations in a big group like this. When we first started, the colors were mostly black, white, and gray. Some complained and we changed to the orange and then some complained that they missed the neutral black and gray colors.

In this format we have many bright colors and also some neutral colors with the posts showing when you hit the 'active topics.'

The multi-color format will probably work because there will always be at least one color in the scheme that each of us likes. :tongue:
Su DongPo

Post by Su DongPo »

Thank you. I think it looks much more attractive.
Rael

Post by Rael »

this one at present is really quite nice and pleasant on the eyes
Love Love Love
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

I still think the colours could change, for example according to the chinese astrological animal of the month, and the chinese element ? Or then they could change according to the season,i.e. spring, summer, autumn, and winter colours ?
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
booker

Post by booker »

Hi :)

Any chance to have more different colour schemes (in the user preferences) or you want to stay whit the current one, unchangeable?

thx
"Be Buddhist or be Buddha"

Return to “Suggestion Box”