Translation of Tibetan terms

This is a space for inquiries about various languages, translations, or anything else related to language.

Translation of Tibetan terms

Postby Merely Labeled » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 am

I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Perhaps I missed this kind of page on the internet......, or perhaps it does not exist (yet).

Thank you,

M.L.
Merely Labeled

Re: Translation of Tibetan terms

Postby zerwe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:40 am

zerwe

Postby eijo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 am

Merely Labeled wrote:I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Perhaps I missed this kind of page on the internet......, or perhaps it does not exist (yet).

Thank you,

M.L.

You'll find those words in the dictionary given above if you search for gling, bde chen, and chos sgron.
eijo

Postby Josef » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 am

eijo wrote:
Merely Labeled wrote:I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

M.L.

You'll find those words in the dictionary given above if you search for gling, bde chen, and chos sgron.

Yup. Its time to learn wylie.
Josef

Postby muni » Sun May 22, 2011 2:12 pm

muni

Return to Language