Different colors

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
DNS
Site Admin

Different colors

Post by DNS »

Over the next couple of days, we may be trying out some different colors. So feel free to comment if you like the current colors or not.

The banner is very generic and we will be improving that too.
Huseng
Former staff member

Re: Different colors

Post by Huseng »

I don't care for this blue version.

It makes me blue. :tantrum:
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Very cold here, very cool :sage:
mind it! mind it! :meditate:
Just that! :-)
Luke

Post by Luke »

Blech! I don't like this blue, white, and tan version either! It's like some generic digital purgatory!

I also don't like the fact that on the main page I can't see what the topic is where the most recent post was posted in a sub-forum anymore--all I can see is which member posted it.

Summary: Not good. Next option please...
plwk

Post by plwk »

Everything's so blue and white......what happened to da orangie yellowie.... :lol:
purplelotus

Post by purplelotus »

What a shock! Everything changes but a bit of warning please! :rolling:

Seriously though it's growning on me.

P
User 3495

Post by User 3495 »

I like that "Mark topics read" is on the top and that now there is the option to mark all forums read. Thank you! :smile: About the colour - I would prefer a darker tone.
Jnana

Post by Jnana »

David N. Snyder wrote:Over the next couple of days, we may be trying out some different colors. So feel free to comment if you like the current colors or not.
Whatever the actual color choice, light and bright is preferable to the old dark gray. So far, this is an improvement.

All the best,

Geoff
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Any thoughts on this one?

http://www.dharmawheel.net/index.php?style=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I'd like to see a maroon - nice idea.

As I say, I like the layout with the buttons at the top of the posts.

I've only just noticed that the wheel in the header for both sites has a 'joy swirl' at its centre. Nice! :)
Left
Jnana

Post by Jnana »

retrofuturist wrote:Any thoughts on this one?

http://www.dharmawheel.net/index.php?style=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks good.

Here are some beautiful pan-Mahāyāna colors: gold, saffron, blue, etc. (the pinks may be a bit much):

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I think this is the template / format that retro and I and the other moderators prefer.

But don't worry, if you don't like the blue colors, we can tweek the color schemes and add some maroon, gold, and other colors and keep some blue or even eliminate the blue.

This format keeps with the theme of our sister forum website: Dhamma Wheel (Theravada)
User 3495

Post by User 3495 »

Thank you for your work. This is a huge improvement of the forum :twothumbsup:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I'm in favor of the colors and the template, FWIW.
I like being able to "mark all forums read."

Good work!
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Pero

Post by Pero »

David N. Snyder wrote:Over the next couple of days, we may be trying out some different colors. So feel free to comment if you like the current colors or not.

The banner is very generic and we will be improving that too.
I don't like the colours, sorry. :smile:
I liked the original a lot more, I find it harder to read posts and view topics with the new colours.

Also, could you create a technical problems section or something? Or who should I ask? Though I don't really have a "problem" per se, just some things I'd like that should've been available but aren't hehe.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

I like it. It's as if a blast of cold clean air from the Himalayas blew the murk away and let the sun in.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Pero,
Pero wrote:Also, could you create a technical problems section or something? Or who should I ask? Though I don't really have a "problem" per se, just some things I'd like that should've been available but aren't hehe.
For now pop it in the Suggestion Box.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Dharma Wheel will be down for about 10 to 20 minutes in about 10 minutes from now. It is for the uploading / upgrading to get some other colors for improving the site layout and colors.

The time right now is: 05:23 am GMT
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

The last topics are now visible on the Board Index (main) page. Site is no longer down and shouldn't be down any further for the rest of the upgrades.
neverdowell

Post by neverdowell »

catmoon wrote:I like it. It's as if a blast of cold clean air from the Himalayas blew the murk away and let the sun in.
Same here! I'm not too hung up on colour schemes, but I must admit the old one was a bit dark and depressing to me. I like bright stuff.

To develop bodhichitta, which is the actual practice, you need to develop such compassion that you simply cannot bear others being tormented by suffering. But in order to develop this compassion, you must know exactly how you yourself are plagued by suffering. And you must understand that the whole of samsara is by nature suffering. But first you must fear the lower realms, for without this you will have no repudiation of celestial and human happiness. You must therefore train your mind in the small- and medium- scope parts of the path. -- Pabongka Rinpoche

Return to “Suggestion Box”