giant pressure in between my eyebrows

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
threeyears

giant pressure in between my eyebrows

Post by threeyears »

For the last three years I have felt a pressure in between my eyebrows. It doesn't go away when I get off the cushion, it is always there. When I watch it, it moves around. It goes to the back of my head, the sides, into my eyesockets making them twitch, into my nose, up to the top of my head, but it always comes back to the center in between my eyebrows. And it grows incredibly big whenever I watch my thoughts. I stopped meditating for a while because it was becoming so big that I thought my head was going to explode. Its not painful, its just confusing. So for the sake of avoiding brain damage, I put my faith in the people of dharmawheel. Can you please help me?
Malcolm

Re: giant pressure in between my eyebrows

Post by Malcolm »

threeyears wrote:For the last three years I have felt a pressure in between my eyebrows. It doesn't go away when I get off the cushion, it is always there. When I watch it, it moves around. It goes to the back of my head, the sides, into my eyesockets making them twitch, into my nose, up to the top of my head, but it always comes back to the center in between my eyebrows. And it grows incredibly big whenever I watch my thoughts. I stopped meditating for a while because it was becoming so big that I thought my head was going to explode. Its not painful, its just confusing. So for the sake of avoiding brain damage, I put my faith in the people of dharmawheel. Can you please help me?

Sounds like a disorder of wind -- go see an ayurvedic or tibetan doctor.
theanarchist

Post by theanarchist »

Attention directs energy to the point of your attention. It is likely that it's simply your attention to this phenomenon that keeps it going.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

theanarchist wrote:Attention directs energy to the point of your attention. It is likely that it's simply your attention to this phenomenon that keeps it going.
That maybe a contributing factor, but unlikely a root cause. The best answer is to see a doctor of Tibetan or Ayurvedic medicine and get healed.

Kevin
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

I had the same thing happen to me, though it wasn't as extreme. I haven't been meditating as much lately and it has gone away.

Strange.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
TocharianB

Post by TocharianB »

I have this frequently. AFAIK, it's simply a result of my becoming aware of a fairly persistent sinusitis that I've had for so long that I'm not often consciously aware of it.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Too much concentration meditation. Stare into the open sky and it will improve.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Just my opinion, sounds like Taoist meditation except the concentration is between the eyebrows instead @ lower abdomen area or Dan Tiane.
It’s eye blinking.
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Whats your current practice?
avisitor

Post by avisitor »

I have heard that a way to resolve this is to ...
When you sit in Meditation or Zazen, you should put the focus on the Hara or the place just under the belly button.
Follow the breaths there, put a little tension there to aid following breath.

I don't know if it works. I have had the pressure between the eyes before but always managed to relax so it went away.
White Orchid

Post by White Orchid »

I had a similar experience after doing a 12 day silent meditation retreat, I ended up having this pressure in my head for years, it felt like I could feel a plug in my head. This year I saw a Tibetan doctor, he gave me 3 medicines to take a day for 1 month, and not only did that pressure go, but seems my whole body system-set and I feel on the whole much healthier.
leighclinton

Post by leighclinton »

If you can manage to relax yourself during meditation. You should lightened your mind and body and there I don't think same experience will occur to you. Unless you were trying to focus by doing more effort perhaps that giant pressure will occur which is unhealthy. :namaste:
leighclinton

Post by leighclinton »

You might even consult to the expert pertaining to the best solution.

Post by gianni »

I'm just an absolute beginner and do not know what kind of meditation you are doing but
may I ask you: are you are stressing concentration too much?maybe you should consider
some insight meditation.....?

Return to “Meditation”