Pith Instructions on Tara’s Treasury of Triple Excellence

heart

Pith Instructions on Tara’s Treasury of Triple Excellence

Post by heart »

"Online Gradual Practice Program

Pith Instructions on Tara’s
Treasury of Triple Excellence

Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche and Dharmachakra Practices are pleased to offer an online meditation program based on Tara, the female buddha of wisdom in action.

Known as The Triple Excellence, this teaching describes the entire Buddhist path in gradual practical instructions. With its rich and vibrant interface, The Triple Excellence is perfectly accessible and profound for both beginners and seasoned practitioners of Tibetan Buddhism. The instructions spring from the great Tibetan master Chokgyur Lingpa who met Tara in person and received this terma teaching of deep and true meaning.

In practical steps this teaching covers all three vehicles (The Triple Excellence) from the perspective of the Vajrayana. Beginning with fundamental mind training, one proceeds to the Bodhisattva path of love and insight combined. Finally, the penetrating wisdom of the Vajrayana is introduced, culminating in the secret paths of the higher tantras. At this more advanced stage of practice, participants will receive a transmission, which includes methods that use the energies of the subtle body, and they will be initiated into the practice of trekchö or “cutting through resistance” within the primordial purity that is the nature of the mind.

Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche received these teachings from H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche. Rinpoche is also a close descendant of Chokgyur Lingpa. This is a wonderful and rare opportunity to receive these precious teachings from an authentic master who holds a short and uninterrupted lineage of transmission"

http://www.dharmasun.org/index.php?dharmasun=cms&id=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Mr. G

Re: Pith Instructions on Tara’s Treasury of Triple Excellence

Post by Mr. G »

Great to see teachers like Chokyi Nyima and Namkhai Norbu teaching Dharma with the technology we have today. I think the Q&A forum is brilliant!
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
HAR

Re: Pith Instructions on Tara’s Treasury of Triple Excellenc

Post by HAR »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 6169463771

i hear triple excellence has chod instruction on it. is that true uncle magnus? can you elaborate a little bit?

what about these practices , does it connected to the triple excellence teaching:
http://gomdeusa.org/program/the-practice-of-chod/
http://www.gomde.us/Choking-Tersar-Line ... duct_id=73

heart wrote:... and they will be initiated into the practice of trekchö ...
what about thogal in this cycle?

genuinely interested in this cycle. really thankful if you could shed some light...

thanks,
HAR
heart

Post by heart »

HAR wrote:https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 6169463771

i hear triple excellence has chod instruction on it. is that true uncle magnus? can you elaborate a little bit?

what about these practices , does it connected to the triple excellence teaching:
http://gomdeusa.org/program/the-practice-of-chod/
http://www.gomde.us/Choking-Tersar-Line ... duct_id=73

heart wrote:... and they will be initiated into the practice of trekchö ...
what about thogal in this cycle?

genuinely interested in this cycle. really thankful if you could shed some light...

thanks,
HAR
It certainly seems Rinpoche want to teach Chö in this program, but I am not sure if it actually belongs to this terma cycle. The chö practice I know about from the Chokling Tersar comes from the Barche Kunsel cycle, there is a long and short version. The short version is the one you linked to above, a very Dzogchen style Chö. Great opportunity to learn that from Lama Tsultrim if you have the possibility to participate. There are no Tögal instructions, only Trechö, in the Tara terma either but I heard that Rinpoche is planning to teach Tögal from an other of the Chokling Tersar termas. We will see what happens but I am very sure that no one will miss out on some instruction if they follow this program.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
HAR

Post by HAR »

oh ok awesome then.
i can see the excellent value of this program to stabilize meditation training and bodhicita training,
considering i would not be able to travel for serious retreat for couple of years due to work.
hopefully can do this program while doing ngondro.

if its ok, can you tell me what specific cycle it is then on light of wisdom series (the restricted books) regarding the development stage, trecho and thogal?
PM perhaps?

thanks,
HAR
heart

Post by heart »

HAR wrote:oh ok awesome then.
i can see the excellent value of this program to stabilize meditation training and bodhicita training,
considering i would not be able to travel for serious retreat for couple of years due to work.
hopefully can do this program while doing ngondro.

if its ok, can you tell me what specific cycle it is then on light of wisdom series (the restricted books) regarding the development stage, trecho and thogal?
PM perhaps?

thanks,
HAR
Zabtik Drolma (The Profound Essence of Tara) is the Triple Excellence program. It contains a full gradual training. The third excellence contains a Ngondro and three Tara sadhanas covering the kriya , yoga and annutarayoga tantras as well as Trechö instructions. That is all I know, I don't think that Rinpoche decided yet what else he want to teach for the people taking this program. There is anyway an abundance of instructions in the Chokling Tersar. Rinpoche have been teaching a number of Dzogchen Upadesas from the Chokling Tersar as well as other sources for the last 20 years.
The light of wisdom is an other terma laying out the path in a more maha, anu and ati approach, standard Nyingma style.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Nyingma”