Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo Ngondro

sangyey

Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo Ngondro

Post by sangyey »

Does anyone have any infomation on this Ngondro?
Heruka

Re: Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo Ngondro

Post by Heruka »

its been awhile, but words of my perfect teacher by patrul rinpoche is the essense of it.

although not much mention of khyen tse wangpo rinpoche in it, the late dilgo khyen tse rinpoche was a manifestation of wangpo rinpoche.
sangyey

Post by sangyey »

Thank you. I was told to get a copy of that book/text but i'm not sure if there is a particular translation that is good to get?
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

dear sangey,

yes it is ok to get.

the thing about ngondro, is we dont need a blessing to start it, but in my case i bothered my teacher three times and made offerings at his feet, then he gave me a good start in life!

:namaste:

you dont need to do so, to benefit, ngondro is perfectly complete in itself.

it is a commitment to keep. i know a few teachers that have completed it many times because they recognize its totality,
sangyey

Post by sangyey »

Hey Heruka, I actually received teachings on part of the practice. Is the formal name - 'Longchen Nyingtik ngöndro'?
mmm

Post by mmm »

Hi what I have heard is that ngondro text by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo is simplified version of longchen nyingthig ngondro. You can have the text with translation and commentary here:

http://www.snowlionpub.com/search_proce ... B&submit=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good luck
sangyey

Post by sangyey »

How many Ngondro's are there in the Nyingma lineage?
mmm

Post by mmm »

There are so many ngondros. Each terma cycle usually has its own ngondro. Some are very short like Dudjom Tersar, som pretty extensive like Longchen nyingthig. Their essence is the same. It depends on which transmission have you recieved and with which teacher and terma teaching you have connection. bye
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Khyentse Wangpo's name would be associated with many ngondros. I'm guessing you're speaking of the Longchen Nyingthik. But there are many, many others.....Chetsun Nyingthik, etc.........
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Jnana

Post by Jnana »

sangyey wrote:Does anyone have any infomation on this Ngondro?
The Sublime Path to Enlightenment by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.

Different translation: The Excellent Path to Enlightenment by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.

The Excellent Path to Enlightenment, Commentary by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

Also by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo: Illuminating the Excellent Path to Omniscience, Notes on the Longchen Nyingtik Ngöndro.

All the best,

Geoff
Zenda

Post by Zenda »

Hey Sangye.

You didn't happen to go to a teaching with Khentrul Rinpoche this weekend, did you?

The WOMPT that I use is by the Padmakara Translation committee. I also find the book mentioned earlier (Excellent Path to Enlightenment) to be helpful.

Hope this helps!
sangyey

Post by sangyey »

Hey Zenda, that is correct I attended the teachings last weekend. I think that I bought the WOMPT by the Padmakara translation committee (1998). Thanks for all the other recommendations as well. I am just a beginner and like to learn about the general things like how many Ngondro's there are. I've heard of Dudjom Terser before and Longchen Nyingtik but I guess like mmm and conebeckham pointed out there are many many others.
Zenda

Post by Zenda »

Happy practicing! :)
sangyey

Post by sangyey »

Thank you :smile: :smile: :smile:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

mmm wrote:There are so many ngondros. Each terma cycle usually has its own ngondro. Some are very short like Dudjom Tersar, som pretty extensive like Longchen nyingthig. Their essence is the same. It depends on which transmission have you recieved and with which teacher and terma teaching you have connection. bye

Just FYI, the Dudjom Tersar does contain a very short abbreviated ngondro that was revealed for the benefit of us busy-body busy-minded folks of the contemporary ADD age.. however, there is a much longer elaborated Dudjom Tersar ngondro that is both extremely beautiful in content and melody. Actually, reading the longer ngondro clarifies the shorter one, although there are some visualization and order differences. .
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

sangyey wrote:Does anyone have any infomation on this Ngondro?
Hi Sangyey, once you formally begin this ngondro (if you decided to) under the guidance of a qualified Lama, you can request a copy of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche's commentary online through his website. His commentary is amazing, I highly recommend it. . ..
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Return to “Nyingma”