How can we be of assistance?

No holds barred discussion on the Buddhadharma. Argue about rebirth, karma, commentarial interpretations etc. Be nice to each other.

How can we be of assistance?

Postby plwk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Read this thread carefully...

How do you think you can help that OP in the thread from your Dharma experience and practice?

Opinions? :namaste:
plwk

Re: How can we be of assistance?

Postby Blue Garuda » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm not sure if this isn't 'Gotamo Buddho' as the message is similar to the guy who pops up periodically in forums with that ID.

He seems to be lapping up the attention but taking no advice and his posts are self-contradictory:

''I am not here to state my views ..but share''

If possible sir .....you do all the reading and lets discuss ..Sir dont think I am here to be spoonfeed....''

He has received appropriate advice. Maybe a Mod could post and ask if there is a volunteer to mentor him as he suggests, who should contact him via PM. Then thank him for posting his request and lock it.

If he is genuine, and does not want anything written in his path, then the best advice to him would be to recommend a teacher in his locality who may consider taking him on.

Mods could also check his IP address in case it is one of the well-known pranksters such as Individual. If not, his age may be a clue to his loose grasp of Buddhism - maybe 12? The poor English is contradicted by his occasional use of idioms which display a far better vocabulary, so I think this is someone writing in a fabricated style, maybe for fun.

Either way, I think it is a wind-up; attention-seeking trolling rather than a genuine quest for progress on the Buddhist path, so should be starved of attention.

If he wants access to a wide range of schools etc. then Freesangha, Buddhism Without Boundaries or New Buddhist would be more suitable forums - although I can't see anyone giving a different answer to him if they are Buddhists.

Maybe 'Should we be of assistance?' should precede asking 'how' as I'm not sure he really wants it if he is genuine, and certainly does not if he's trolling for fun. Compassion may need to materialise as helping him abandon delusions rather than supporting their existence.
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby justsit » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm

:good:
justsit

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Maybe someone could tell him/her how to do basic meditation?

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Open Dharma