Transmission - question

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
SuryaMitra

Transmission - question

Post by SuryaMitra »

I have a question. There are lot`s of Bon teachings available online, on you tube. So my question is, If I watch for instance Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche`s teachings online, can I practice them? Do I have transmission? Or is it that I need to receive transmission personally, the old style way ? If I would like to practice, say, Five Warrior Syllables, do I need personal transmission?
Lhasa

Re: Transmission - question

Post by Lhasa »

SuryaMitra wrote:I have a question. There are lot`s of Bon teachings available online, on you tube. So my question is, If I watch for instance Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche`s teachings online, can I practice them? Do I have transmission? Or is it that I need to receive transmission personally, the old style way ? If I would like to practice, say, Five Warrior Syllables, do I need personal transmission?
Yes, you can practice them. That's why he puts them out there online and there are also books/ebooks on some of these practices, on amazon. No, you don't need direct transmission but it's good to get that in person if you can. Do you know there are live teachings on webcasts, like on Friday this week? I post the schedule here every month.
Some people who want to practice with his teachings, write to him and ask for his blessing. You can do that through ligmincha.org. if you want. Just put his name in the subject line on the contact page and it will be forwarded to him.
Also there are two places you can take online courses on these practices. Ligminchalearning and Glidewing. The courses on Glidewing have Rinpoche's personal guidance. You can ask him questions. Ligminchalearning is facilitated by John Jackson, a senior student of TWR. Both of these have fees and some partial scholarships are available.
:namaste:
Lhasa
SuryaMitra

Re: Transmission - question

Post by SuryaMitra »

Thank you :smile:

Return to “Bön”