Dog Waits By Owner's Grave

A place for videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.

Dog Waits By Owner's Grave

Postby plwk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 am

plwk

Re: Dog Waits By Owner's Grave

Postby Luke » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

What a sweet dog! I wonder if he's reciting mantras for his owner in his mind: "Om Ami Dewa Woof Woof Hrih. Om Many Paws Hum."
Luke

Postby Blue Garuda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 pm

In the spirit of 'people watching' it is remarkable how often a man, in this case one of the presenters, seems to block out any natural empathy as if frightened to let it happen, whereas the woman presenter sheds a few tears.

I'm pleased to say that in my experience I find an increasing number of men are able to let their natural emotions take their course without worrying about displaying what some have seen as 'weakness'.

Empathy and sympathy aren't bad qualities to encourage on the path.
Left
Blue Garuda

Postby Indrajala » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeshe wrote:In the spirit of 'people watching' it is remarkable how often a man, in this case one of the presenters, seems to block out any natural empathy as if frightened to let it happen, whereas the woman presenter sheds a few tears.

I'm pleased to say that in my experience I find an increasing number of men are able to let their natural emotions take their course without worrying about displaying what some have seen as 'weakness'.

Empathy and sympathy aren't bad qualities to encourage on the path.

That is entirely cultural.

Unfortunately in some countries boys are told that crying is for sissies and that they're weak and pathetic if they do.

That's slowly changing.
Flower Ornament Depository (Blog)
Indrajāla's Contemplations (Blog)
Exploring Classical Chinese (Blog)
Dharma Depository (Site)

"Hui gives me no assistance. There is nothing that I say in which he does not delight." -Confucius
Indrajala

Return to Media