Dog Waits By Owner's Grave

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
plwk

Dog Waits By Owner's Grave

Post by plwk »

phpBB [video]
Luke

Re: Dog Waits By Owner's Grave

Post by Luke »

What a sweet dog! I wonder if he's reciting mantras for his owner in his mind: "Om Ami Dewa Woof Woof Hrih. Om Many Paws Hum."
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

In the spirit of 'people watching' it is remarkable how often a man, in this case one of the presenters, seems to block out any natural empathy as if frightened to let it happen, whereas the woman presenter sheds a few tears.

I'm pleased to say that in my experience I find an increasing number of men are able to let their natural emotions take their course without worrying about displaying what some have seen as 'weakness'.

Empathy and sympathy aren't bad qualities to encourage on the path.
Left
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

Yeshe wrote:In the spirit of 'people watching' it is remarkable how often a man, in this case one of the presenters, seems to block out any natural empathy as if frightened to let it happen, whereas the woman presenter sheds a few tears.

I'm pleased to say that in my experience I find an increasing number of men are able to let their natural emotions take their course without worrying about displaying what some have seen as 'weakness'.

Empathy and sympathy aren't bad qualities to encourage on the path.
That is entirely cultural.

Unfortunately in some countries boys are told that crying is for sissies and that they're weak and pathetic if they do.

That's slowly changing.

Return to “Media”