Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Adi

Greetings

Post by Adi »

Greetings All:

I am another "e-sangha refugee" as well. I hope this site becomes a cordial place full of good discussions, information and resources of and for Dharma. I didn't often participate in discussions at the old place but certainly miss the vast links to texts and teachings. I look forward to seeing some familiar on-line faces and making new acquaintances. :smile:

I am a Vajrayana practitioner who has lived all over the place and is currently in California.

I would like to express my gratitude to the kind folks at Dhamma Wheel for making this site.

Om Svasti!

Cordially,
Adi
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Greetings

Post by DNS »

:hi:

HI Adi,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Adi,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi Adi, welcome to Dharma Wheel! :smile:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Welcome Adi!

Thanks for the good wishes. California seems like it's full of great Buddhist teachers. I hope you enjoy it here.

:namaste:
Adi

Post by Adi »

Thanks to all for the kind welcomes! Now that I'm able to be around my computer more these days I hope to post some more soon. For now, must read through the threads and see what's happening. :smile:
Adi

Post by Adi »

Everything changes. :)

I joined here in 2009 as noted above & after a long absence came back to see what was going on. I met with some very cordial people & am happy to have made the acquaintance of many who have what appears to me to be a sincere interest in the Dharma.

I bow to those who try and bring good perspective to this board, who work diligently to present Buddhist views and uphold the very basics of Dharma. May their activities flourish! However, and in the case on so many internet sites, the discourse is disrupted by a relatively small group of people who seem to hold views counter to the very basic intention of this board's stated purpose. I don't have any qualities, much less the temperament, to engage with such people at this time in my life. So I'm going away again. If this place is still around in as many years, perhaps I will be again.

In the meantime, I find it helpful to remember something Gyalse Rinpoche wrote:
Planning for the future is like going fishing in a dry gulch;
Nothing ever works out as you wanted, so give up all your schemes and ambitions.
If you have got to think about something—
Make it the uncertainty of the hour of your death.
Best wishes to all,
Adi
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

And to you Adi..

:namaste:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Punya

Post by Punya »

I'm sorry you are departing again Adi. I have found your posts thoughtful and helpful. Best wishes for the future.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Introductions”