5 elements

mmm

5 elements

Post by mmm »

Do you know more detailed explanation of the process of controlling five elements in dzogchen or vajrayana practice, the manner in which 5 elements are purified and fully controlled up to level of for example Guru Padmasambhava who was not burned by fire? If you know some texts in English which refer to or describe this process please kindly post or share a link. Thank you very much.
heart

Re: 5 elements

Post by heart »

mmm wrote:Do you know more detailed explanation of the process of controlling five elements in dzogchen or vajrayana practice, the manner in which 5 elements are purified and fully controlled up to level of for example Guru Padmasambhava who was not burned by fire? If you know some texts in English which refer to or describe this process please kindly post or share a link. Thank you very much.
Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, "Oral Teachings on the Yoga of Prana for Clarity and Emptiness" for example have a wealth of information.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

That is a restricted text though for those who have received that teaching and transmission from ChNN (as it is written in the book "This book should be treated with the greatest respect and is addressed to those who have received the transmission of the teaching from the Master."). He has given transmission of this in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006.
heart

Post by heart »

Norwegian wrote:That is a restricted text though for those who have received that teaching and transmission from ChNN (as it is written in the book "This book should be treated with the greatest respect and is addressed to those who have received the transmission of the teaching from the Master."). He has given transmission of this in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006.
There is nothing like double restrictions, right? Anyway, it was just an example. ChNNR's teaching is a great source information on this subject.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

When I wrote "teaching and transmission" (as I assume this is what you're referring to as 'double restriction') I just meant having received the transmission of the Longsal Saltong Lung teaching from ChNN.

But, I definitely agree with you. He is a fantastic teacher.
heart

Post by heart »

Norwegian wrote:When I wrote "teaching and transmission" (as I assume this is what you're referring to as 'double restriction') I just meant having received the transmission of the Longsal Saltong Lung teaching from ChNN.
I was referring to the fact that to buy the restricted books at http://www.shangshungstore.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you have to be a member, but then sometimes you also need to have got the particular empowerment or reading transmission, thus double restrictions. In this particular case there is no mention of that kind of restriction in the shop so I bought it and read without noticing your previous quote. My bad.

Sorry for getting off-topic here.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

mmm

Post by mmm »

Thank you for your answer. It is not so easy to understand. Anyway good luck in your dharma practice, best wishes mmm
heart

Post by heart »

mmm wrote:Thank you for your answer. It is not so easy to understand. Anyway good luck in your dharma practice, best wishes mmm
If you want to get a deeper understanding of the five elements, listen to ChNNR's teachings. Not so difficult to understand, right?

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

oldbob

Post by oldbob »

mmm wrote:Do you know more detailed explanation of the process of controlling five elements in dzogchen or vajrayana practice, the manner in which 5 elements are purified and fully controlled up to level of for example Guru Padmasambhava who was not burned by fire? If you know some texts in English which refer to or describe this process please kindly post or share a link. Thank you very much.

:namaste:

All good posts. :twothumbsup:

Try:

http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best to get the lung / reading transmission before practicing.

Not for beginners, or the faint of heart. Extreamly powerful practice.

Best to set aside some time to re-integragte back into your normal life after doing the Zer Nga practice.

ob

Return to “Dzogchen”