White Dzambala

waimengwan

White Dzambala

Post by waimengwan »

Dear Everyone,
Can anyone explain the significance of the dragon on the White Dzambala deity?

Is the practice of White Dzambala to overcome one's ego or arrogance whilst one has tremendous wealth?

Thanks
ngodrup

Re: White Dzambala

Post by ngodrup »

Dzambala is a Bodhisattva on the 8th Bhumi.
disjointed

Post by disjointed »

Eww. More Tsem Tulku spam.
I thought they smoked all you guys out already.
(goes to get the broom)

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=9265
If there is a radical inconsistency between your statements and the position you claim to hold,
you are a sock puppet.
Make as many accounts as you want; people can identify your deception with this test.
heart

Post by heart »

waimengwan wrote:Dear Everyone,
Can anyone explain the significance of the dragon on the White Dzambala deity?

Is the practice of White Dzambala to overcome one's ego or arrogance whilst one has tremendous wealth?

Thanks
No need to do White Dzambala if you got a "tremendous wealth", no?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
plwk

Post by plwk »

Dzambala is a Bodhisattva on the 8th Bhumi.
And the source text for this is? :thanks:
waimengwan

Post by waimengwan »

@heart probably true, I still want to know about the significance of the dragon someone kind of asked me would be good if I can explain much better.

Thank you.
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

As I understand White Dzambhala is more connected with wealth for dharma and Yellow Dzambhala for both dharma and (virtuous) worldly endeavours... But this information in my head is rather old so perhaps others are better sources.
SunRay

Post by SunRay »

I feel that the White Dzambala practice is best suited to the superstitious and gullible fools who aim for a rebirth as a pig. :crazy:
OM GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

He was just asking a question, no need to give him a hard time... There's never a reason to be so unkind. Prosperity practices can be done with strange motivations, I agree, but you have no way of knowing what someone else's motivation is. And brutal sarcasm doesn't usually work for convincing someone of your argument.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

SunRay wrote:I feel that the White Dzambala practice is best suited to the superstitious and gullible fools who aim for a rebirth as a pig. :crazy:
Yo, Out of line.

White Dzambala practice comes from Atisha, and is practiced in my lineage especially as part of daily "Water Torma" offerings. The general idea is that you are praying to relieve the poverty of all sentient beings. It's a practice with compassion at it's heart, and focused on specific kind of suffering. (Not sure about the Dragon, though.....I think Dragons are associated with wealth and good fortune, generally).
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Here is another example of what white Dzambala is of benefit for.....

"Summoning Good Fortune,"
A short practice excerpted from the White Zhambala Sadhana.

This is the text for a traditional Tibetan ritual, where the practitioner calls upon White Zhambala to bestow his blessings--buddhahood, spiritual accomplishments, and all things positive in this life. H.E. Garchen Rinpoche asks his sangha to recite this text frequently, because it brings tremendous benefit to the whole world.

Here is a short exert from the prayer:

May I obtain the empowerment of mahamudra, which liberates from samsara's pain.
May I obtain the empowerment of self-knowing dharmakaya, which is primordially unsullied by the confused perceptions of unawareness. May I obtain the empowerment of the Great Completion, which is primordially unsullied by all phenomena of samsara and nirvana.
May I obtain the empowerment of the Great Middle Way, which naturally liberates the four extremes of permanence and annihilation. May I obtain the empowerment of the Perfection of Transcendent Knowledge, which is inexpressible through descriptions or conceptions.
May I obtain the empowerment of openness free from fixation, which naturally liberates dualistic propensities.
May I obtain the empowerment of immortal life, which is the unchanging expanse of awareness.
May I obtain the empowerment of awakening within one lifetime, which is the endless [accumulation of] merit.

I have this short practice in .pdf if any one is interested.

all the best
bryan.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Bryan, I would like one.

Lhasa
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

Lhasa, I tried to contact you via private message twice but i didnt receive an answer.

I have the White Dzambala practice sadhana from Garchen's webstore.

i dont use it and i would like to donate it to you. will you accept it ?

-konchok zoepa
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

bryandavis wrote:Here is another example of what white Dzambala is of benefit for.....

"Summoning Good Fortune,"
A short practice excerpted from the White Zhambala Sadhana.

This is the text for a traditional Tibetan ritual, where the practitioner calls upon White Zhambala to bestow his blessings--buddhahood, spiritual accomplishments, and all things positive in this life. H.E. Garchen Rinpoche asks his sangha to recite this text frequently, because it brings tremendous benefit to the whole world.

Here is a short exert from the prayer:

May I obtain the empowerment of mahamudra, which liberates from samsara's pain.
May I obtain the empowerment of self-knowing dharmakaya, which is primordially unsullied by the confused perceptions of unawareness. May I obtain the empowerment of the Great Completion, which is primordially unsullied by all phenomena of samsara and nirvana.
May I obtain the empowerment of the Great Middle Way, which naturally liberates the four extremes of permanence and annihilation. May I obtain the empowerment of the Perfection of Transcendent Knowledge, which is inexpressible through descriptions or conceptions.
May I obtain the empowerment of openness free from fixation, which naturally liberates dualistic propensities.
May I obtain the empowerment of immortal life, which is the unchanging expanse of awareness.
May I obtain the empowerment of awakening within one lifetime, which is the endless [accumulation of] merit.
:good:

Thanks for this, bryan. Very illuminating. I can personally attest to the swift power of Dzambhala to generate wealth for the purpose of Dharma study/practice. I received an empowerment of his yellow form in an effort to find funding for a trip to India/Nepal to study Tibetan, do some retreat, and attend empowerments, and even without doing the practice (listening to my lama), I wound up with a generous benefactor.

:woohoo:

As for the OP, I'm also interested in learning about the symbolism behind the dragon mount. Only thing I know about dragons is that they're associated with thunder (which Tibetan's often call "the dragon's roar"). Anyone else have info on this, perhaps drawn from one of Robert Beer's books? I'll ask around with my thangka artist friends and see what I come up with.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Gelug”