Vajrakilaya and Guru Tragphur

spirited

Vajrakilaya and Guru Tragphur

Post by spirited »

Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.
Dronma

Re: Vajrakilaya and Guru Tragphur

Post by Dronma »

spirited wrote:Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.

As far as I know, for every mantra we need a new transmission.
The practice of Guru Tragphur has its own mantra in which all the mentioned activities are unified.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
spirited

Post by spirited »

Thankyou
futerko

Post by futerko »

I'm not 100% on this, but I suspect that if you have already received the the guru tragphur transmission then you will only need the extra lung for the vajrakilaya practice.
jivko

Post by jivko »

Guys, is the Guru Tragphur practice the same as the one in the Tun book?

And if you have transmission of the Tun, do you also have transmission of GuruTragphur practice?
heart

Post by heart »

jivko wrote:Guys, is the Guru Tragphur practice the same as the one in the Tun book?

And if you have transmission of the Tun, do you also have transmission of GuruTragphur practice?
Yes.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam »

Although this is an old post..........

Does anyone know when the next Guru Tragphur transmission might be? Either via webcast or in the United States?

Thanks
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

There's no solo Guru Dragphur retreat scheduled for 2014, but Rinpoche gives transmission of this practice in every retreat. Next retreat that will take place via open webcast is dated April 24-30, 2014. So perhaps you should consider participating in that one. Next USA retreat will be in New York, July 4-6, 2014.
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

Thanks a lot Norwegian! :smile:
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

One other question Norwegian. Although is says open webcast does that mean I will able to participate in the online retreat without having a current membership? I have done the WWT sessions multiple times and a membership is not required so I just want to make sure in case I would have to pay beforehand.

Thanks
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Yes, no membership required for that.
Reibeam

Post by Reibeam »

Dronma wrote:
spirited wrote:Can anyone tell me, once i have received the guru tragphur transmission can i then do vajrakilaya practice just on its own or will I still need a seperate transmission? In the guru tragphur litreature book- it says that all the practices of vajrakilaya are unified in guru tragphur.

As far as I know, for every mantra we need a new transmission.
The practice of Guru Tragphur has its own mantra in which all the mentioned activities are unified.
This makes me wonder then......if one has separate transmissions for most of the deites that are unified in Guru Tragphur and enough accumulation of the any of those deities mantras to use the action mantra would it be okay to use the action mantra of Vajrakilaya for instance while manifested as Guru Tragphur?

Or does that makes no sense to do because all activies are already unfied in Guru Tragphur and actuated through the mantra that is typically used with that deity?
Pero

Post by Pero »

Reibeam wrote:This makes me wonder then......if one has separate transmissions for most of the deites that are unified in Guru Tragphur and enough accumulation of the any of those deities mantras to use the action mantra would it be okay to use the action mantra of Vajrakilaya for instance while manifested as Guru Tragphur?

Or does that makes no sense to do because all activies are already unfied in Guru Tragphur and actuated through the mantra that is typically used with that deity?
Well it makes little sense to me because if you have Vajrakilaya transmission, have done this practice sufficiently and then also want to do Vajrakilaya action mantra then why don't you just do it with Vajrakilaya (as you're supposed to)? :shrug:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Dzogchen”