USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Mr. G

USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

Post by Mr. G »

Just when we thought that buying “Organic” was safe, we run headlong into the deliberate poisoning of our organic food supply by the FDA in collusion with none other than the folks who brought us Aspartame. NutraSweet, a former Monsanto asset, has developed a new and improved version of this neurotoxin called Neotame.

Read More Here...
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
plwk

Re: USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

Post by plwk »

Ok I am getting out on the next flight to Mars... :tongue:
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

mr. gordo wrote:Just when we thought that buying “Organic” was safe, we run headlong into the deliberate poisoning of our organic food supply by the FDA in collusion with none other than the folks who brought us Aspartame. NutraSweet, a former Monsanto asset, has developed a new and improved version of this neurotoxin called Neotame.

Read More Here...
I'm not sure if this is a credible source or not. BUT - I worked for USDA for many years. USDA is actually a transparent agency in the sense that you can always find a reason for an action. So:
The food labeling requirements required for aspartame have now been dropped for Neotame, and no one is clear why this was allowed to happen. Neotame has been ruled acceptable, and without being included on the list of ingredients, for:
USDA Certified Organic food items.
Certified Kosher products with the official letter k inside the circle on labels. (Janet Hull)
The food labeling requirements from USDA can always be determined (the actual chain of the ruling can always be determined).
One of the issues is that food safety is divided between the FDA and USDA and there has been some turf wars between the agencies. FDA has wanted to consolidate all the activity in FDA and over time this appears to be happening. But USDA activity wrt to rulings and determinations can always be traced.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Oh, so do you think this is just scare propaganda Kirt? If so, I apologize for posting this without further background research.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

I have no idea. People have agendas and this distorts an accurate picture of many situations (remember I live in a city dominated by deception). The USDA definition of "organic" is overly broad. I have no idea how this chemical might affect people, etc. However practically anything done by USDA really can be traced to an office and a person can discuss this decision with someone and they can always get the USDA side of things in detail.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

you need to read the food saftey bill that just passed into law, (very quietly over holiday period).

its scope is shocking.

most yuppies dont realize how late in the day it is and how dark its getting.

:zzz:
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

btw, most organic milk has been double pasturized, which means all its natural goodness has been destroyed and if you look, they have to add vit D and so on.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

im not 100% sure but i understand Aspartame is the defication of bio engineered bacteria, a toxic waste from bio weapon research. LOL but thats a conspiracy right? I mean who wouldnt want to actually reaserch that?
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

The UK is littered with 'Farm Shops' which are really just supermarkets in sheds run by farmers as a sideline.

I live near one which sells 'organic local' produce. Judging by the supermarket and unmarked delivery vehicles, I think 'organic' means 'once had organs' and 'local' means 'local to Spain'.

How can people be so dumb as to fall for a folksy image, especially when a quick look at the fields would show them the truth?

We also have enshrined in law that the 'country of origin' is the country where the last process was carried out, so our local 'farm shop' can sell its English sausages which are actually all minced beef from, say, Poland, with skins put on in the UK.

Fruit and veg, especially when processed, could be anything but 'organic'.

Eek.
Left
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

Heruka wrote:you need to read the food saftey bill that just passed into law, (very quietly over holiday period).

its scope is shocking.

most yuppies dont realize how late in the day it is and how dark its getting.

:zzz:
phpBB [video]
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Heruka wrote:im not 100% sure but i understand Aspartame is the defication of bio engineered bacteria, a toxic waste from bio weapon research. LOL but thats a conspiracy right? I mean who wouldnt want to actually reaserch that?
Indeed, at body temperature it aspartame becomes slightly toxic. It was used as an experimental bio weapon, this is indeed documented, afaik, I studied it in college.

There are many things to hide that would incense the public. Most quiet legislation has already crept in. Look at healthcare reform's dirty little secrets.

Oh, and btw, serious government and financial usury is being implemented at a legislative level for crap product/delivery to the public. We've been fed fat and bloated like the cows we eat, and the regulatory system is collapsing. By design. Drastic changes will take place over the next 10 years. The decisions made, the laws passed, the people still snooze or fitfully avoid the horrors befalling this country.

You think it's bad now in America, people are sleeping through this crap like it's not happening, with their iphones and ipads. But the truth is time's a-tickin' and waitin' for no one. And the foxes are dancing around the hens.

The world you knew is disappearing fast. The world taking its place is a very different one. May the hardship be proportionally equal to its realization. You cannot blame the cause on the symptom. My heart breaks and my resolution strengthens to find a way to make this darn world a better place.

:heart:
D. Ogyen
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

:good:
Lhug-Pa wrote:When possible, go Organic or at least non-GMO; because unless you're a Mahasiddha/Vidyadhara or on the verge of being one, there's going to be a HUGE difference between artificial-preservative pesticide-laden conventional food and natural healthy non-GMO/Organic food.

Just make sure that your "organic" isn't sold by companies who lobby to try to reduce organic standards, and/or who support big pharma, big oil, and possibly the military industrial complex. :spy:

http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com ... r-food.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now?

*Utterly speechless*

:jawdrop:

They may not have actually completely surrendered, but they most definitely compromised. :x
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Neotame is supposedly not allowed:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/article ... _22312.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quiet Heart

Post by Quiet Heart »

kirtu wrote:I have no idea. People have agendas and this distorts an accurate picture of many situations (remember I live in a city dominated by deception). The USDA definition of "organic" is overly broad. I have no idea how this chemical might affect people, etc. However practically anything done by USDA really can be traced to an office and a person can discuss this decision with someone and they can always get the USDA side of things in detail.

Kirt
--------------
Not trying to be slow.....but are you saying that the real problem is that the USDA is more transparent....that their decsions can be traced to a "someone responsible" for that decision....but the FDA doesn't have such transparency?
:thinking:
Shame on you Shakyamuni for setting the precedent of leaving home.
Did you think it was not there--
in your wife's lovely face
in your baby's laughter?
Did you think you had to go elsewhere (simply) to find it?
from - Judyth Collin
The Layman's Lament
From What Book, 1998, p. 52
Edited by Gary Gach
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

There are many things that are allowed in "organic" food production.

As a beef producer, I know that many of the stronger medications we use are now allowed in organic beef production.

With Metta, Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

The "handiwork" of Barmitt Obomney & company:

Susanne Posel wrote: http://occupycorporatism.com/stanford-a ... opulation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...In addition, Stanford has multiple ties to GMO giants such as Monsanto of whom they receive funding from that totals an estimated half billion dollars.

Susan J. Colby, chief executive officer for the Clayman Institute for Gender Research, previously served as co-president for Monsanto’s Sustainable Development sector.

Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, who attended Stanford University during 1965 – 1966, worked for Monsanto as a client and has Monsanto lobbyists working on his campaign for President.

Residue from pesticides measured from organic produce compared against conventionally grown food, using the same data collected by Stanford researchers, showed that they omitted findings that proved the organic food is scientifically proven to be healthier because of the lack of exposure to pesticides.

According to the study, the consumption of pesticides is less of a risk as imagined. Because the Environmental Protection Agency lays down guidelines, the exposure of humans to pesticide consumption may be less when ingesting organic food, but its benefits are negligible.

In the data gathering for the Stanford study, the researchers purposefully excluded previous studies and research that did not “meet their criteria for scientific rigor”....
It's not surprising that the two presidential candidates who receive the most support from the corporatist media 'both' pose a threat to healthy organic food.

The USDA doesn't seem to be quite as much as a threat to organic food as the FDA is.

Hopefully the USDA will improve and be willing & able to resist pressure from Monsanto.

The FDA just needs to get dissolved altogether.

Although maybe they both need to go, I'm not totally sure yet....

Return to “Lounge”