Translation of Tibetan terms

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Merely Labeled

Translation of Tibetan terms

Post by Merely Labeled »

I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Perhaps I missed this kind of page on the internet......, or perhaps it does not exist (yet).

Thank you,

M.L.
zerwe

Re: Translation of Tibetan terms

Post by zerwe »

Check here.

http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Main_Page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shaun :)
eijo

Post by eijo »

Merely Labeled wrote:I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Perhaps I missed this kind of page on the internet......, or perhaps it does not exist (yet).

Thank you,

M.L.

You'll find those words in the dictionary given above if you search for gling, bde chen, and chos sgron.
Josef

Post by Josef »

eijo wrote:
Merely Labeled wrote:I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

M.L.

You'll find those words in the dictionary given above if you search for gling, bde chen, and chos sgron.
Yup. Its time to learn wylie.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
muni

Post by muni »

Some wylie Tibetan http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/ab ... betan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Language”