Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 1062
Does anyone know which ngondro Tsoknyi Rinpoche teaches?

_________________
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
Hayagriva wrote:
Does anyone know which ngondro Tsoknyi Rinpoche teaches?


Could be the short Chokling Tersar Ngondro. If it is important I can find out.

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:56 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 1062
heart wrote:
Hayagriva wrote:
Does anyone know which ngondro Tsoknyi Rinpoche teaches?


Could be the short Chokling Tersar Ngondro. If it is important I can find out.

/magnus


I thought it might be one from the Chokling Tersar.

I'm a student of his and would like to do it, so if you could find out I would be very grateful.

_________________
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
Hayagriva wrote:
heart wrote:
Hayagriva wrote:
Does anyone know which ngondro Tsoknyi Rinpoche teaches?


Could be the short Chokling Tersar Ngondro. If it is important I can find out.

/magnus


I thought it might be one from the Chokling Tersar.

I'm a student of his and would like to do it, so if you could find out I would be very grateful.


Tsoknyi Rinpoche is really great. I email a friend, we will see. Anyway, you need "lung" and some instructions to start. At least that is the normal procedural.

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:52 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 1062
heart wrote:
Tsoknyi Rinpoche is really great. I email a friend, we will see. Anyway, you need "lung" and some instructions to start. At least that is the normal procedural.

/magnus


I have a Vajrasattva empowerment from Mingyur Rinpoche which was given in a ngondro related set of teachings, so I presume that's not something that will need to be repeated.

I'll need lung and instructions, but I'll ask him for them/where to get them before we meet next.

Thanks for your help.

_________________
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
Hayagriva wrote:
heart wrote:
Tsoknyi Rinpoche is really great. I email a friend, we will see. Anyway, you need "lung" and some instructions to start. At least that is the normal procedural.

/magnus


I have a Vajrasattva empowerment from Mingyur Rinpoche which was given in a ngondro related set of teachings, so I presume that's not something that will need to be repeated.

I'll need lung and instructions, but I'll ask him for them/where to get them before we meet next.

Thanks for your help.


You did the "path of liberation part 1"? If it was in Copenhagen I was there. He gave the Sangtig Dorsem empowerment, a vajrasttva practice from the Chokling tersar.

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 1565
heart wrote:
Hayagriva wrote:
heart wrote:
Tsoknyi Rinpoche is really great. I email a friend, we will see. Anyway, you need "lung" and some instructions to start. At least that is the normal procedural.

/magnus


I have a Vajrasattva empowerment from Mingyur Rinpoche which was given in a ngondro related set of teachings, so I presume that's not something that will need to be repeated.

I'll need lung and instructions, but I'll ask him for them/where to get them before we meet next.

Thanks for your help.


You did the "path of liberation part 1"? If it was in Copenhagen I was there. He gave the Sangtig Dorsem empowerment, a vajrasttva practice from the Chokling tersar.

/magnus


The Sangtig Dorsem is an awesome practice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
Nangwa wrote:
The Sangtig Dorsem is an awesome practice.


I agree, beautiful.

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
Seems like the Tukdrup Barche Kunsel Ngondro was the one he used to give. It is the one I mentioned before.

You can buy it here including some commentaries http://shop.gomde.us/Practice_Texts/Ngondro

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:58 pm
Posts: 1106
Hayagriva wrote:
Does anyone know which ngondro Tsoknyi Rinpoche teaches?

Yeah, I think it's the Barchey Kunsel Preliminaries. There are different length preliminaries associated with this cycle (long, middling, and short). In addition, Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche arranged an even more condensed version of the short prelims. There is a commentary on it by Tsoknyi Rinpoche translated by Tony Duff: Commentary on the Barchay Kunsel Condensed Preliminaries of the Chogling Tersar.

There is also Tony Duff's translation of the The Drukpa Kagyu Mahamudra Preliminary Practices by Khamtrul III, Kunga Tenzin, translated at the request of Tsoknyi Rinpoche.

All the best,

Geoff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 pm 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 1062
Thanks both, that's really good information. I'll be seeing him this spring so I'll see if there's a possibility of getting a lung.

The main group of practitioners I know are students of Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche, which will be very useful.

_________________
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group