Shakyamuni Buddha Day + Eclipse

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Shakyamuni Buddha Day + Eclipse

Postby kirtu » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Today is 11a 30 on the Tibetan calendar: the first 11 th month (there are two 11th months in this Tibetan year) 30th day. This is a New Moon day: Shakyamuni Day. Adding to that this is designated as a solar eclipse day (I'm not sure where the solar eclipse is visible) thus merit or demerit is multiplied by 10,000 times.

We have lots of problems: the 2008 Depression continues, some people are out of work, some people are transitioning to a new life (in fact about 150,000 humans will die within the next 24 hours), some people are sick, some people are in war zones, some people are being attacked, some people are beset by habitual problems.

So today I will raise Bodhicitta (generate love and compassion for all beings and dedicate myself to helping relieve them of suffering) and take the Eight Mahayana Precepts in order to practice pure morality and to accumulate merit so I can eventually rescue all beings from these problems.

Also I will do Shakyamuni Buddha practice as HH Trulshik Rinpoche asked people to do so in NYC in 2000.

I will also do other practices for all beings like Green Tara, Medicine Buddha, White Tara and Vajrakilaya.

Beings really need help. I hope that through the power of prayer, aspirations, dedications and formal practice active throughout all the universes due to interdependence and being the willing and helping hands of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas in this physical world we can together relieve the misery of all beings.

ShakyamuniBuddhaSm3.jpg
ShakyamuniBuddhaSm3.jpg (144.31 KiB) Viewed 333 times

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Shakyamuni Buddha Day + Eclipse

Postby plwk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

ImageImageImage

LAMA TON PA CHON DEN DAY DAY SHIN SHEG PA
DRA CHOM PA YANG DAG PA DZOG PAY SANG GYE
PAL GYAL WA SHAKYA TU PA LA
CHAG TSAL CHING KYAB SU CHI WO CHO DO
JIN GYI LAP TU SOL

To the Guru and Founder, the Endowed Transcendent Destroyer,
the One Gone Beyond, the Foe Destroyer, the Completely Perfected, Fully Awakened,
the Glorious Conqueror, the Subduer for the Shakya Clan,
I prostrate, go for refuge and make offerings.
Please inspire me.

TAYATHA OM MUNI MUNI MAHA MUNI SHAKYAMUNI YE SOHA (7x)
plwk

Return to Prayers and Aspirations