Imee Ooi Buddhist Chants

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
rory

Imee Ooi Buddhist Chants

Post by rory »

You can now buy Imee Ooi's chants: Heart Sutra, Medicine Buddha Dharanis, Tisarana, Metta, Great Compassion Mantra as MP3's for 99 cents over at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... +ooi&ajr=0

She's a great artist spreading the Dharma, I've learned to chant the Great Compassion Mantra in Sanskrit thanks to her wonderful recordings!; for those who've heard her or those who haven't yet; buy an MP3 : we all can afford 99 cents!
with gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Zhen Li

Re: Imee Ooi Buddhist Chants

Post by Zhen Li »

They are also available on iTunes.

I sometimes will listen to these all day, it really makes life pleasant. What music you listen to can really influence your mind a lot.
Master Hsing-Yun, [i]Sounds of the Dharma: Buddhism and Music[/i], p. 2. Quoting 'Treatise on the Perfection of Great Wisdom' wrote:In order to build a pure land, the bodhisattvas make use of beautiful music to soften people’s hearts. With their hearts softened, people’s minds are more receptive, and thus easier to educate and transform through the teachings. For this reason, music has been established as one type of ceremonial offering to be made to the Buddha.
Perhaps Imee Ooi is a Bodhisattva building a pureland, and her music is probably not too different from the singing of the birds in the pureland.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

These are my favorites of hers:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

rory wrote:You can now buy Imee Ooi's chants: Heart Sutra, Medicine Buddha Dharanis, Tisarana, Metta, Great Compassion Mantra as MP3's for 99 cents over at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... +ooi&ajr=0

She's a great artist spreading the Dharma, I've learned to chant the Great Compassion Mantra in Sanskrit thanks to her wonderful recordings!; for those who've heard her or those who haven't yet; buy an MP3 : we all can afford 99 cents!
with gassho
Rory
Amazon says they don't, as yet, sell music in MP3 format outside of the USA.

svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
rory

Post by rory »

Aemilius: all you need is a US address to get Amazon US only books and things, maybe you have a friend or relative. (though that's extremely aggravating, sorry I didn't know)
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

I am from Canada and I got most of those you see on Amazon using iTunes. All you need is a credit card. :thumbsup:
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

rory wrote:Aemilius: all you need is a US address to get Amazon US only books and things, maybe you have a friend or relative. (though that's extremely aggravating, sorry I didn't know)
gassho
Rory
Thanks!
In the past I have bought CDs from her company in Malaysia, their deliveries are quick and reliable.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
zsc

Post by zsc »

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoy the Great Compassion Mantra :)
yolo (but not really).
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
성불하세요.
zsc

Post by zsc »

Zhen Li wrote:They are also available on iTunes.

I sometimes will listen to these all day, it really makes life pleasant. What music you listen to can really influence your mind a lot.
Master Hsing-Yun, [i]Sounds of the Dharma: Buddhism and Music[/i], p. 2. Quoting 'Treatise on the Perfection of Great Wisdom' wrote:In order to build a pure land, the bodhisattvas make use of beautiful music to soften people’s hearts. With their hearts softened, people’s minds are more receptive, and thus easier to educate and transform through the teachings. For this reason, music has been established as one type of ceremonial offering to be made to the Buddha.
Perhaps Imee Ooi is a Bodhisattva building a pureland, and her music is probably not too different from the singing of the birds in the pureland.
It certainly seems like it.
yolo (but not really).
╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
성불하세요.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”