This guy is hilarious...

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Grigoris
Former staff member

This guy is hilarious...

Post by Grigoris »

http://themetapicture.com/dear-neighbor/

You can check out his website here

Caution: expect extreme sarcasm and vile and foul language.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Simon E.

Re: This guy is hilarious...

Post by Simon E. »

:lol: I have actually been in the situation. We had a field behind our house which was sold off and eight houses were built. The nearest one installed a light just like the one described. If you felt so inclined you could have used the glare to make shadow puppets ..when the curtains were CLOSED...
They also flicked on in response to movement...on windy nights they reacted to leaves moving in the trees..
Being English I did not react like our Ozzie..I just muttered and gave myself dyspepsia..
Fortunately the lightshow started to wake the guys own kids and he got rid...0f the light that is. Not the kids. :smile:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

The guy's an internet legend, been around for a long time....his stuff cracks me up, but man, if my neighbor started putting my lighbulbs in my mailbox, you'd bet there'd be issues.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
reddust

Post by reddust »

I saved the page, this is exactly what I need when I take breaks. Go to the link on the right hand side of Davids 27b/6, click on the link below that says I am sad about something....I giggled, and I usually don't do that in the mornings.
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
ball-of-string

Post by ball-of-string »

My dad was notoriously inhospitable and not at all neighborly. When he passed away and we went to tend to his house, the neighbor approached us, introduced himself, and made small talk. Finally he got to the point: he is an elderly man, and is not able to mow his yard with a push-mower so he used a riding mower. In order to mow his yard, he would have to cross over the property line of my dad's yard by about six inches at the end of the property. This enraged my dad, who put down wooden beams to mark the property line. The neighbor tried moving the beams out of the way when he mowed, so my dad put down metal spikes hidden in the lawn.

When the neighbor told me this story, I looked down the property line and could see there was a strip of grass on the neighbors side that was not mowed. I agreed to remove the wooden beams and metal spikes. My father proudly mowed his own lawn with a push mower well into his 90's, and apparently was unforgiving of anyone who could not do the same. Sometimes neighbors suck...
greentara

Post by greentara »

ball-of-string, Yes I know someone just like the man. Unforgiving, remorseless and so proud of their physical strength, a stoic, push on at all costs and may even sneer at people less able, an unbending character. I think every family may have one!

Return to “Lounge”