Significance of days 9th, 19th, and 29th in chöd?

Dharmaswede

Significance of days 9th, 19th, and 29th in chöd?

Post by Dharmaswede »

"There are three days each lunar month (the 9th, 19th and 29th days) that are especially good for Chöd practice. "
http://ktdblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/04 ... od-at-ktd/

I notice that these days are not for "wake or memorial" in FPMT.
http://fpmt.org/media/resources/dharma- ... explained/

Thanks!
michaelb

Re: Significance of days 9th, 19th, and 29th in chöd?

Post by michaelb »

I asked about that in the comments on that page but got no reply. I think I also posted a question about it before on here. Anyway, I think days with 9 in, especially the 29th are good days for chod for the same reason they are good for protector offerings/practice and obstacle dispelling practice. But then, I'm not sure what that reason is.
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Thanks Michael for your efforts and input, and apologies for not checking up on your previous post on this topic!

J.
michaelb

Post by michaelb »

Not at all. I still haven't heard an explanation and I'm pleased you posted the question. Thanks.

Anyone know why '9' days are good for chod, protectors, etc.?
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

I don't know either, but I do know that on these days I'm more prone to the kleshas of anger and associated emotions. I can find phenomena more prickly on these days. I think there is something about that energy associated with these practices on these days. But you'd have to ask a knowledgeable lama.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications

Return to “Chod”