Practice texts? 8 Herukas and/or Mindroling Vajrasattva

dakini_boi

Practice texts? 8 Herukas and/or Mindroling Vajrasattva

Post by dakini_boi »

Anyone know where I can get a practice text with English translation of 8 Herukas (from Nyangral Nyima Ozer)?

Or Mindroling Vajrasattva?

I was at 1st 2 days of Rinchen Terzod, and these were the empowerments given, along with Karling Shitro.

Thanks so much!
Yontan

Re: Practice texts? 8 Herukas and/or Mindroling Vajrasattva

Post by Yontan »

Not sure about the eight herukas, but I believe Terdak Lingpa's vajrasattva practice is out there.
Traditionally one is allowed to practice a sadhana after receiving the empowerment, reading transmission and explanation of that sadhana. Are you going to try to practice with only the empowerment?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Do you read Tibetan? If so, TBRC would sell you the sadhanas, I believe....though you really need Tri in order to practice. Kagye, in particular, is a heavy-duty practice--though there may be very condensed versions available, I don't know. Minling Dorsem is available from a few places, if you search....it's a fairly popular practice, and actually it's often the "samaya recitation" for those who've received the Terdzo.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

I wasn't intending to practice right away, I just wanted to familiarize myself with the material since receiving the empowerment. . . and perhaps sometime I will have the karma to receive instruction and practice!

No, unfortunately I don't read Tibetan, at least not yet. . . I'm a pretty new Vajrayana practitioner, although educated myself on it for several years before seeking out formal teachings. . . I couldn't find the Minling Dorsem text with a search, if you happen to come across it, could you post the link? Thanks.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I think aspiring to practice these is great! I'll try to find a link for Minling DorSem for ya....I think you may want to contact Penor Rinpoche's center, as they put together the 2 volumes of Kagye Deshek Dupa liturgy. But I doubt you'd find much of that stuff translated/transliterated.

I think you should find a teacher who can teach you......but be prepared for ngondro and a bunch of stuff prior to hitting these sadhanas.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

You must mean daily practice texts, the long ones for both are all too big and quite complicate in structure.

for mingling dorsem you can contact khandro rinpoche's centre.
for 8 herukas daily practice, there are many. Khyentse wangpo wrote at least two, there's one in Rinchen terdzo itself written by terda lingpa, and dudjom rinpoche wrote a long one, dilgo khyentse rinpoche wrote a very short one....
there must be one of them available in some centre.

I myself translated the short one in rinchen terdzo, from tibetan to chinese.
Dudjom rinpoche also wrote a text general for 8 herukas (actually two, a long one and a short one), not just Nyang ter, I think gangteng tulku rinpoche's centre in Vienna just used that. 20 euros if you buy there. But I am not sure if you need a separate LUNG for that.

If you like I can translate mingling dorsem and nyang ter Kagye daily practice for you, if you will offer me place to stay when I go there a month later LOL
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

by the way, mingling dorsem has its own ngondro teaching; khyentse wangpo outlined the chanting lines and made a short ngondro text, quite lovely. There's also a short tsok for it.

about getting teachings, sometimes it's not bad to read the text and chant mantra often before you can get a teaching. that's how many Sakyapa do I think.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

narraboth wrote:You must mean daily practice texts, the long ones for both are all too big and quite complicate in structure.

for mingling dorsem you can contact khandro rinpoche's centre.
for 8 herukas daily practice, there are many. Khyentse wangpo wrote at least two, there's one in Rinchen terdzo itself written by terda lingpa, and dudjom rinpoche wrote a long one, dilgo khyentse rinpoche wrote a very short one....
there must be one of them available in some centre.

I myself translated the short one in rinchen terdzo, from tibetan to chinese.
Dudjom rinpoche also wrote a text general for 8 herukas (actually two, a long one and a short one), not just Nyang ter, I think gangteng tulku rinpoche's centre in Vienna just used that. 20 euros if you buy there. But I am not sure if you need a separate LUNG for that.

If you like I can translate mingling dorsem and nyang ter Kagye daily practice for you, if you will offer me place to stay when I go there a month later LOL
Thank you, Narraboth. I couldn't find an actual text to buy online. If you can provide a link, that would be wonderful, if not, I am content to wait for the practice-karma to ripen in time. :broke: In the meantime I am busy with preliminaries!
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I know you said you didn't read Tibetan, but this will give you some idea of the depth or expanse of these methods...here's a link to the volume of Terdak Lingpa's Minling Dorsem

http://vimalatreasures.org/mindroling-v ... ingpa.aspx

I can't seem to find a sadhana for Minling Dorsem in English for sale....amazingly.

narraboth

Post by narraboth »

hi,
If you really want, I can translate daily practice for you.
I translated texts for Namkhai Nyingpo Rinpoche's center in Taiwan, he is the master who gave Rinchen Terdzo LUNG in Mindroling in 2008, when Taklung tsetrul Rinpoche gave WANG. so I guess my translation is OK. Just that my English is not as good as my Chinese, you probably need to bare with that; and since I am a student, I am hoping you would support my visiting ODD a bit (such as one day entrance fee for one certain length text) as reward.

if you or anyone like the idea, PM me. I can do other texts too, as long as the length is reasonable. I need to say that I am not doing this as a busniess, I am just trying to make my travel to ODD more possible :anjali: (place around bay area which can let me stay in is also a welcomed reward!)

If you just need Tibetan text, you can download them from TBRC for free. At least Mingling dorsem and Nyang ter Kagye are all available.
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

Nyangral Nyima Ozer's Kagye Deshek Dupa is a main practice of Mndrolling.

Terdak Lingpa told his disciples that they could demonstrate their devotion
to him by maintaining this practice. Therefore it is central to their annual
cycle of retreats.
jiashengrox

Post by jiashengrox »

Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has the English translation of the Mindrolling Vajrasattva practice text. I have tried contacting Khandro Rinpoche's center but there's not reply as of now (I think it has been about half a year to a year!) so I was wondering if I could find anyone who has it online. I have received the empowerment from Kalsang Rinpoche, one of the tulkus officially recognised by HH Penor Rinpoche.

Best regards,
Jia Sheng
Homage to the Mother of Buddhas as well as of the groups of Hearers and Bodhisattvas
which through knowledge of all leads Hearers seeking pacification to thorough peace
And which through knowledge of paths causes those helping transmigrators to achieve the welfare of the world,
And through possession of which the Subduers set forth these varieties endowed with all aspects.

- Ornament of Clear Realisation
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

jiashengrox wrote:Hi all,

I would like to ask if anyone has the English translation of the Mindrolling Vajrasattva practice text. I have tried contacting Khandro Rinpoche's center but there's not reply as of now (I think it has been about half a year to a year!) so I was wondering if I could find anyone who has it online. I have received the empowerment from Kalsang Rinpoche, one of the tulkus officially recognised by HH Penor Rinpoche.

Best regards,
Jia Sheng
Shechen Monastery Nepal have translations of the short daily practice (and maybe the long). They do a drupchen on it every Tibetan New Year.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications
jiashengrox

Post by jiashengrox »

Hi Jerkhyi Longdong,

Thanks a lot for the update. Any idea how would I be able to acquire this text via Shechen Monastery Nepal? It seems that I cannot find their websites online (via google, etc.)

Best regards,
Jia Sheng
jerkhyi longdong wrote:
jiashengrox wrote:Hi all,

Best regards,
Jia Sheng
Shechen Monastery Nepal have translations of the short daily practice (and maybe the long). They do a drupchen on it every Tibetan New Year.
Homage to the Mother of Buddhas as well as of the groups of Hearers and Bodhisattvas
which through knowledge of all leads Hearers seeking pacification to thorough peace
And which through knowledge of paths causes those helping transmigrators to achieve the welfare of the world,
And through possession of which the Subduers set forth these varieties endowed with all aspects.

- Ornament of Clear Realisation
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

jiashengrox wrote:Hi Jerkhyi Longdong,

Thanks a lot for the update. Any idea how would I be able to acquire this text via Shechen Monastery Nepal? It seems that I cannot find their websites online (via google, etc.)

Best regards,
Jia Sheng
Yes, contact Bhikkhu Sean Price, he is in charge of managing all the translations there ([email protected])... (at least last time I heard)
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications

Return to “Nyingma”