conebeckham

New Pics of H.E> Yongay Mingyur Rinpoche

Post by conebeckham »

Surprised no one's put these up, yet...they're all over FB this morning. Image

དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
justsit

Re: New Pics of H.E> Yongay Mingyur Rinpoche

Post by justsit »

Wow, I would never have recognized him with hair.
He looks so happy.

E ma ho!
:bow: :bow: :bow:
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

I think that's a better look for him.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

:thumbsup: :bow: :meditate:
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

HIs beard is really wicked
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Here's the letter, just translated:
To my dear mother, relatives, monastic community, students, and all those with whom I share a connection,

Due to the blessings of the gurus, I am in good health and not experiencing any obstacles. At present, I am wandering without any fixed location from place to place. Right now I am with Lama Tashi, whom I met unexpectedly. Lama Tashi earnestly asked to accompany me and I accepted his request. He gave me some food, clothing, and other necessities. He also relayed to me both good and bad news, which left me feeling a mixture of happiness and sadness.

Recently, Lama Tashi has been diligently practicing the foundation practices (ngondro) and main practices of Mahamudra and Dzogchen. I myself am wandering without any fixed location, staying in isolated mountain hermitages and other such places. I have experienced feelings of happiness and suffering, rising and falling like waves on the surface of the ocean. At times, food and clothing have been hard to come by and I have felt cold, hungry, and thirsty. Even when I have begged for alms, I received nothing but insults and harsh words. At other times, I have received food and clothing effortlessly, without even asking for them, and in my mind it felt as though I were enjoying the pleasures of the gods. While I have experienced both happiness and suffering, the most important thing is that a deep and heartfelt sense of certainty has arisen in the depths of my being, such that no matter what happens, I know that the true nature of these experiences, their very essence, is that of timeless awareness and vast compassion.

This natural clarity of awareness has been with us from the very beginning. It is the very essence and true nature of our minds. Day and night, it is always present. Therefore, one must maintain the flow of pure awareness to the best of one’s ability, without meditating, yet not getting lost in distraction. Great love and compassion are also innate qualities of our being. All the thoughts, destructive emotions, and suffering we encounter are, in essence, completely permeated by vast compassion. As a sign of this, we naturally wish to enjoy happiness and to be free of suffering. While all beings have great wisdom and compassion, this is not always apparent. This is simply because they have not recognized what they already have. Thus, aside from merely recognizing our own true nature, there isn’t the slightest thing to meditate on. Recognizing the importance of this, I have passed my days feeling joyful and content, wandering through the mountains and valleys and staying here and there. From my heart, I sincerely encourage all of you to practice diligently in this manner as well.

Lama Tashi has now returned to the city with this letter, along with some pictures of my retreat that he requested. I hope you enjoy them. I pray that we meet again before long, gathering together with joy and happiness to enjoy the richness of the Dharma.

Mingyur Tulku
January 2nd, 2014

Translation by Cortland Dahl
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
practitioner

Post by practitioner »

So great to see his retreat is going so well. So nice to see his smiling face!
One should do nothing other than benefit sentient beings either directly or indirectly - Shantideva
philji

Post by philji »

Well done Cone for posting, I didn't want to be the first to post them... :namaste:
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Saw the pic of him reclining on the rocks, and totally didn't recognize him at all!!! Yet more proof that perception shapes reality. Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche is a truly extraordinary lama, and we are greatly blessed to be able to get such glimpses into the life and practice of such a modern mahasiddha. He really lives and breathes the path.

May Rinpoche's smiling face serve to benefit beings by causing them to give rise to bodhicitta; may his example always inspire us to practice; and may he tame those to be tamed for aeons & aeons!

:twothumbsup:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Lindama

Post by Lindama »

:namaste:
Thank you for posting
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
tellyontellyon

Post by tellyontellyon »

That beard suits him. I hope he keeps it. I met him when he came to Cardiff to teach a while back. He is a great teacher.
:smile:
"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself."
- Rumi
philji

Post by philji »

Tellyontellyon says.....That beard suits him. I hope he keeps it. I met him when he came to Cardiff to teach a while back. He is a great teacher

I remember I think we sat next to you!!!!! :woohoo:
tellyontellyon

Post by tellyontellyon »

:woohoo:
I've still got the little silver Buddha necklace. :twothumbsup:
- Rumi
philji

Post by philji »

Lovely... I hope you are well. Do you still go to the Swansea meetings with Lama Rabsang?
tellyontellyon

Post by tellyontellyon »

I haven't been for ages because I work on a Wednesday evening. But I'm hoping to spend a week up in Brynmawr soon for a personal retreat. Hope you are well? Lovely wedding photos by the way.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
- Rumi
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Im very happy to hear news from him. I have been thinking a lot about him last month while in retreat. Good news=)

Return to “Kagyu”