questions related to dam ngak dzo

bryandavis

questions related to dam ngak dzo

Post by bryandavis »

Greetings all,

I have a few questions I will put out here in the Dzogchen forum. At the begining of 2013 I was able to attend the Nyingma section of the Dam Ngak Dzo in Bir, Inida. This was given by Dzongsar Khyentse. After landing in Delhi, Going to Dharmsala and then getting to Bir, all the while not knowing the teachings schedule, the fist day I was able to make the teachings was the opening day of the Nyingma section. It took about three weeks to receive all the lungs, and empowerments etc. and I feel very fortunate to have been able to make it there and then to have received that section.

I have and index of the empowerments that were received and from the online dam ngak dzo outline, so I can see what lungs were given.

My question(s) is/are:

What texts associated with any of the lungs/transmission in this cycle are available in english if any?
Is there any particular Ngondro associated with the Lama Yangthig empowerments that were given?

There was a particular empowerment called ( at least how I wrote it down as I remembered ) "the 100 (or 1000) text empowerment of Kunga Drolchok (sp?)
Does anyone know more about this? What text etc?

In the index there were a few Guru Yogas of Longde and Mengakde that were given in the Lungs. Are these published in english by anyone? I have three of the tibetan texts that I requested from HH Karmapa during an audience when in Dharmsala. I was given them on .pdf format in hopes that one day maybe finding someone to translate them, though they might be already available.

Any good books / text / practices on treckchod available in connection to any of the lungs/empowerments given ?

Also feel free to PM if you have any questions or anything you think is not better to be openly discussed.

And.... thank you.

Bryan.
bryandavis

Re: questions related to dam ngak dzo

Post by bryandavis »

Perhaps I can direct a question via pm to Malcom, seeing you are very well versed in this area?

Thank you
Bryan
heart

Post by heart »

Congratulations byandavis, Those are fabulous empowerment's. Great that you got all the lung as well. I guess you seen this?

http://dnz.tsadra.org/index.php/Ringu_T ... ngag_mdzod

The Nyingma material is in the first two volumes. Some of the texts are translated I think but none of the sadhana's to my knowledge. If you really want to practice something particular you could try to pay someone to get it translated yourself (many translators available these days). Keep me posted if you do.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
lama tsewang

Post by lama tsewang »

first of all , the entire dam ngag dzo is online at the tibetan buddhist resource centre , now, in tibetan , of course.
Theres a kind of franticness in your letter , slow down a bit and youll get help. If youve got the list of waht you received put it up and share it and then beings here could tell you what has been translated , from what they know.
As far as the text from Kunga Drolchok , I dont know if thats a particularly a Nyingmapa thing . He is in the jonangpa lineage , and i know his name because he is in the Shangpa lineage . I have heard of this text of his as being in addendum in the DamNgag Dzo , its a famous compendium of all sorts of instructions.
Lama Tsewang
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

Heart,

Thank you for that. I actually found that link a bit after posting. That is excellent. A good about of translations available. I would love to have translated the mennagde guru yoga "ornament of creativity of samantabhadra".... in due time, when I have money to offer for that. The Longde Guru yoga is also given by ChNNR so that might be another option if I can ever connect live with a teaching or webcast.

Thanks for the help.

Lama Tsewang,

You meant I was frantic in my post? Which part came off that way? Surely was not trying to be. Thought the few questions I had were short and too the point. If I was able to translate tibetan that resource would be a great site to utilize. I might have gotten the name wrong on the text empowerment but the notes I took I wrote down Kunga Drolchok, as I searched his name I also came across he was a Jonangpa. Interesting.

All the best.

Bryan.

Return to “Dzogchen”