Translation of Tibetan terms

Looking for translations, or for help with translations and transliterations? This is the place.
Merely Labeled

Translation of Tibetan terms

Postby Merely Labeled » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 am

I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Perhaps I missed this kind of page on the internet......, or perhaps it does not exist (yet).

Thank you,

M.L.

zerwe

Re: Translation of Tibetan terms

Postby zerwe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:40 am

eijo

Postby eijo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:14 am

Merely Labeled wrote:I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Perhaps I missed this kind of page on the internet......, or perhaps it does not exist (yet).

Thank you,

M.L.

You'll find those words in the dictionary given above if you search for gling, bde chen, and chos sgron.

Josef

Postby Josef » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:02 am

eijo wrote:
Merely Labeled wrote:I have difficulties finding translations of Tibetan terms on the internet, e.g. simple words like ling, dechen, chodron and so forth.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you,

M.L.

You'll find those words in the dictionary given above if you search for gling, bde chen, and chos sgron.

Yup. Its time to learn wylie.

muni

Postby muni » Sun May 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Remember that a thought is only the fleeting conjunction of myriad factors and circumstances. It does not exist by itself. When a thought arises, recognize its empty nature. It will immediately loose its power to elicit the next thought. And the chain of delusion will be broken. ~~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche

Return to “Language”