How do monks put up with celibacy?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Blue Garuda

Re: How do monks put up with celibacy?

Postby Blue Garuda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Left

Blue Garuda

Postby Blue Garuda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Left

ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 pm

OK...I get it, one may recount rumor of.."stories of sexual exploitation including, for example, the transmission of AIDS. (In the latter case I would prefer only to reveal details via PM"

but when asked for specifics ,we are then asking for personal informations to include names of people infected with aids....at least that is what is expected to be believed.

And I say to this..."I am Gelugpa - why would I be more upset at sexual exploitation than someone completely outside TB? And why would I assume Tibetan monastics to be universally pure in practice? "

Mine is not to ask such questions, it is none of my business.

What I do know and take exception to is that Tibetan Buddhism is so characterized when I know as fact.... examples of such things may be found in very many forms of Buddhism. It is wrong to only characterize one when many so engage regardless if one is one or not. This is a general forum.
The psychology to compel one to do such is not my concern nor area of expertise.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Blue Garuda

Postby Blue Garuda » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Left

ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 am

I did send you a private email.

Chasing you around the board I certainly am not doing.
I spent the last while composeing the email and on the phone to a broker, that would be silly, time is valuable.

I guess your response stands for itself. I will not respond.

I did in fact search for your name so I may send the email(clicking on it is how it may be done). I found it in the general index however on a post you entered....maybe that is what you are referencing....it took but a minute at most though. More like 10 seconds i think.
My appologies to the initial poster for deviating from post. That most importantly must be added.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Tilopa

Postby Tilopa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am

ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 am

Really?

Scandles.....I know as much of scandles as anyone singular person here. Volunteer at a retreat house which form of Buddhism I will not state....the lineage holder is having dillances with about half of the females in the sangha, and some with past issues of sexual abuse with authority figures...scandles.

Books have been written of the scandles...all shape and form of scandles in every singular school of Buddhism and in every virtually every religion.

That is not the point....the question is how do monk put up with celibacy?Rumor mongering, gossip..sure we all know scandles occur have occured and will occur....stateing them for no good reason true or not....is gossip. Plain flat and simple gossip.

Scandles....anyone wants to start a thread on scandles start one. I entered in this thread to discuss the subject matter....how do monks put up with celibacy?
Not scandles.

The question I raised is why only Tibetan scandles and now the second question I raise is why scangles at all?. Gossip it is and no good can come from it.
I don't say it is true or false. I say its repeating is to no purpose.
Start a thread on scandles I will not participate.

Scandles....they make me sick. Talking about scandles.

Aemilius

Postby Aemilius » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 am

svaha

Individual

Postby Individual » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Aemilius

Postby Aemilius » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 pm

svaha

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”