Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:02 am 

I know he does the Changbu Gyatsa (100 handprint torma ritual), which is "attached" to the a core chöd Sadhana. I also understand he has taught Dentok Chikma. What other chöd related practices has he taught, or given empowerments in? What does he practice himself?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:47 am 

The monks at his monastery do the Khandro Gyegang (Longchen Nyingthig) every evening and the rinchen drengwa on dakini days. Not sure about his daily personal practice, but I know he has given empowerments and instructions, including the dance, on the Khandro Gyegang on numerous occasions. However, I believe he also holds Machig's lineage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am 

I received both the Bellowing Laughter of The Dakinis, and Rinchen Trengwa from Lama Wangdu. I think he tends to teach those two a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:33 pm 

Wonderful, thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:54 am 

Lama Wangdu is also probably the only remaining lineage holder of Machik's Shijay of which there are multiple practices associated. I am not sure how often he performs these particular practices but you can get a better idea through reading his biography: http://www.amazon.com/Hundred-Thousand- ... 0557004098

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 am 

Rinpoche holds PaDampa Sangye's Shijay lineage, and has given empowerments from that cycle to us on request now and again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:29 am 

So there is a living lineage of Shi Jay practice, with Sadhana and everything?

Best Regards,

Jens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:36 pm 

Lama Wangdu Rinpoche does Khandro Gegyang, Tsogle Rinchen Trengwa, Kusali Chö, Denthogchigma, Bliss Queen and various healing Chö including Changbu Gyatsho... And hold lineages for many others too. But Chö is a Life practice that goes far beyond a sadhana-cum-ritual with a drum and bell and he applies chö in his daily life in many different ways.

Suvajra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:31 am 
Site Admin

Just as a heads-up to our many US & Canada members: Lama Wangdu is evidently in residence in Portland, Oregon, USA now, and teaching at least weekly at a place called The Movement Center in NE.

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:10 am 
Former staff member

Jikan wrote:
Just as a heads-up to our many US & Canada members: Lama Wangdu is evidently in residence in Portland, Oregon, USA now, and teaching at least weekly at a place called The Movement Center in NE.

It's great to visit Lama Wangdu wherever he his, but I'll offer a link to this open letter about the Movement Center so everyone can be informed of the hosting location: - the name was formerly "Nityananda Institute" and must have changed to The Movement Center because of bad PR:

http://leaving-nityananda-institute.blogspot.com/2008/01/open-letter-from-former-nityananda.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know what Lama Wangdu's relationship with Swami Chetanananda is like, but it does seem that the latter is encouraging his students to learn chod from the former. There has been some kind of collaboration between the two for years now, but what that is, I have no idea.

I also don't know if that 2008 blog post has been fact-checked or if its claims have been verified. I do know that there's been controversy of that kind surrounding Swami C for a long time, even prior to that mass departure of students.

:shrug:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:42 pm 
Former staff member

Heard that Lama Wangdu is now in Los Angeles... If anyone knows the
schedule or details please post here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:17 am 

It looks likes Lama Wangdu Rinpoche's schedule in LA was only until Dec 15, but the contact info is Tenzin Tinley Lama for information at tinleyuw@yahoo.com. Hope it helps.