dream yoga, hidden yogi is it possible without yoga traning

tempuserus

dream yoga, hidden yogi is it possible without yoga traning

Post by tempuserus »

question how does one practice dream yoga when one is not trained in yoga. I have lucid dreams, i have seen things i have not seen in this life relating t o tibetan buddhism, deities masters etc. i have seen je tsongkapa, botin monk, mahakala two tara and the one i call earth mother i am unsure who see is. i was in a dream iniated first by a baby being i saw him wearing a ring with what appeared to be ancient writing and i knew this was a auspicous moment could he be a deity. the ring had writing and an image it was that of the japanese mahakala, cresent moon and circle. the strange thing is the imagery was more western occult then tibetan.

This being was astounded at my ability to see it as auspicous. i realize in the tibetan tradition this may be perceived as secret i apologize to my breathen i have no teacher or center in my area. so i am led into a backroom of a store there was earthmother and the two taras and mahakala. she explained to me this was an inition to a buddhist tradition, she took my hand and then used a instrument to ready me.

then i was told to pick three of the four, i dont know why mahakala came as a baby but i first choose him and then heaisted then the two taras choose me instead what i really wanted was earthmother one day maybe. anoather couple dreams i learned of my past lives first that i have had many traditions of buddhism, i lived in japan i use the nam miyo reign kyo mantra as a seal and protection in dreams. I learned of a past life named Tam and her lover, he was a buddhist monk he decided to renounce his vows for her and be couple. I feel like karmatically i messed his karma up and up but in truth if wasnt for me he wouldnt be a bodhisattva in the heavenlly realms. these could delusions i understand but i dont think they are. maybe in a hidden yogi
ronnewmexico

Re: dream yoga, hidden yogi is it possible without yoga traning

Post by ronnewmexico »

I am just a uneducated layperson but there are no replies so I will venture one. If more educated or correct responses show up feel free to disregard this one.

I would not engage such a thing without direction. The other forces and such that may use such a state as dream may be perceiveing a vulnerability and present as such not to spiritual advancement but to spiritual detriment.

A very basic form of utilization of sleep and dream is perhaps the most I would engage. Things such as going into sleep with the visualization of a bright whiteness perhaps upon ones forehead a simple visualization, such as that, which may be found in some books.

A actual practice....I would only engage with the direct supervision and instruction of a lama.
It is simply to dangerous. What seems as spiritual may be not.
That's my uneducated opinion.
I find dreams only as circumstantially produced as is our reality so not so different and find no enchantment in any of it. Personally. It seems the same to me. But again that is just me.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
tempuserus

Post by tempuserus »

if i could turn it off i would this why i got guardins. yes i do agree there are dangerous entity out there that will take advantage of you mind set. i am buddhist but raised christen i totally beleive in buddhism but every now and then i see the christen deitys and i am judges remmber these are real to me and somewhere i believe these beings are bodhisattvas somewhere in buddhism. but they tell me reincarnation does not exist and this goes agaisnt their teachings, i have decided either this was a test to see if i am a true buddhist like i said i mentally ill with bpd, so i do actions that well... and that why i think it to wake me up to stop and become a true buddhist or its mara tormenting me.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Seeing deities, etc., in dreams in nothing special, and not really "dream yoga" per se. Also, you may think seeing such things is a "positive" sign--but it could be a negative sign, as well. I would attach no importance whatsoever to your dreams at this point.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
beautiful breath

Post by beautiful breath »

conebeckham wrote:Seeing deities, etc., in dreams in nothing special, and not really "dream yoga" per se. Also, you may think seeing such things is a "positive" sign--but it could be a negative sign, as well. I would attach no importance whatsoever to your dreams at this point.
Why would you say not to attach importance to his dreams - are you qualified to offer this type of advice?
Josef

Post by Josef »

beautiful breath wrote:
conebeckham wrote:Seeing deities, etc., in dreams in nothing special, and not really "dream yoga" per se. Also, you may think seeing such things is a "positive" sign--but it could be a negative sign, as well. I would attach no importance whatsoever to your dreams at this point.
Why would you say not to attach importance to his dreams - are you qualified to offer this type of advice?
Yes, he is qualified to offer it and he is also 100% correct.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I don't possess any qualifications, actually, beautiful breath.

But, in general, the idea of "dream interpretation" is not the main point of Dream Yoga. In Tibetan Buddhist traditions, at least, the content of Dreams CAN be symbolic or prophetic, it's true...but the "meaning" of dreams is not the significant thing. The significant thing is to understand the very basis of the dream itself.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

conebeckham wrote:I don't possess any qualifications, actually, beautiful breath.

But, in general, the idea of "dream interpretation" is not the main point of Dream Yoga. In Tibetan Buddhist traditions, at least, the content of Dreams CAN be symbolic or prophetic, it's true...but the "meaning" of dreams is not the significant thing. The significant thing is to understand the very basis of the dream itself.
Indeed. If there's any meaning in these dreams, it would be
an indication to seek out a qualified Lama and enter formal
practice of Tibetan Buddhadharma. It is not inconceivable
that you have some past-life connection with this-- the
auspiciousness of that would be that it *might* be easier for
you to complete these practices.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

tempuserus wrote: these could delusions i understand but i dont think they are. maybe in a hidden yogi

the buddha said all things like a dream.

even yogis.

Return to “Gelug”