Re: Rinchen Terzod & Dudjom Tersar indexes

Post by Tsultrim T. »

Pawel Mikyo Dorje,
Where in Europe? Have you heard of Namkha Rinpoche? http://www.namkha.org/
heart

Post by heart »

Pawel Mikyo Dorje wrote:Hello,
I'm looking for a teacher/Rinpoche who is a lineage holder of Dudjom Tersar in Europe, please. Thank you all a lot.
Regards,
Mikyo Dorje
http://www.samdrup.org/spip.php?lang=en

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

So are Duddul Dorje's termas given with Dudjom Tersar? Is anyone transmitting this (Duddul Dorje's) cycle on its own nowadays?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Tsultrim T. wrote:Pawel Mikyo Dorje,
This person is not a legitimate holder of Dudjom lineage.
Pero

Post by Pero »

dzoki wrote:
What does that mean?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Pero wrote:
dzoki wrote:
What does that mean?
That means he has no authorization from the lineage holders to teach Dudjom Tersar. That person is a self-proclaimed tulku and Dudjom tersar master. This is the information that I have. I am not going to say, who gave it, becuase I don´t want to drag anybody into this. But I would advise to be very cautious about this Namkha Rinpoche.
Pero

Post by Pero »

dzoki wrote:
Pero wrote:
dzoki wrote: This person is not a legitimate holder of Dudjom lineage.
What does that mean?
That means he has no authorization from the lineage holders to teach Dudjom Tersar. That person is a self-proclaimed tulku and Dudjom tersar master. This is the information that I have. I am not going to say, who gave it, becuase I don´t want to drag anybody into this. But I would advise to be very cautious about this Namkha Rinpoche.
Ah, thank you.
- Shabkar
Tsultrim T.

Post by Tsultrim T. »

dzoki wrote:
Wow sorry for the suggestion!! I had no first hand knowledge of this lama, I just knew he had centers throughout Europe. In that case have you heard of Lopon Ogyan Tanzin? As far as I know there is no controversy about his legitimacy: http://www.loponpogyantanzin.com/
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pawel Mikyo Dorje wrote:Hello,
I'm looking for a teacher/Rinpoche who is a lineage holder of Dudjom Tersar in Europe, please. Thank you all a lot.
Regards,
Mikyo Dorje

Here is a list of Dudjom teachers and centers, including ones in Europe http://jnanasukha.org/dudjom-teachers/

Note that in the case of the European listings at least in the case of His Holiness Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche and Lama Pema Dorje, they reside in the USA
so their European centers are visited by them irregularly. . but check the schedules online. His Holiness Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche also has centers in France, and possibly other countries I forget . . . but he is not really traveling these days.

Same with Shiva Lodro Rinpoch, except he resides in Kathmandu.

Rigdzin Namkha Gyatso Rinpoche I am not sure about. . . you should look into him thoroughly.

I know little about Ven. Lopon P. Orgyan Tanzin but he may be in Europe more often than most of the others, maybe some other members here can say more.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 am
Adamantine wrote:
username wrote:The one clear head of DT lineage is the one Dudjom Jigdrel Yeshe determined so in his letter, ie: Chatral Rinpoche. And after him the lineage head will be the current mind emanation of Dudjom Lingpa, Dudjom's grandson, that Chatral Rinpoche has solely recognized and is training in his three year retreat currently, ie: Dudjom Sangye Pema (Osel).
This is a common misconception, because as far as I know that letter was written long before Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche was grown so yes, Chatral Rinpoche was declared his regent at a certain point, and would have been had HH passed away earlier in life. ( HH planned to pass on earlier but was kept around by the many methods of his Sangyum...)
However an old letter does not change that HH later declared S.D. Rinpoche his regent, as his health deteriorated towards the end. In fact, S.D. Rinpoche very humbly always remained by his fathers side, serving him and sometimes translating for him until the very end. He never publicly taught due to prophecies until he passed a certain age. Then, at one point HH was scheduled to give a wang and to everyone's surprise including S.D.Rinpoche he simply handed the implements to his son and told him to give the wang. This was a direct way of showing that there was no difference. This all happened in Europe, so I am sure there is doubt among elder Tibetans living in Asia who became accustomed to receiving wangs and teachings from T.N.Rinpoche years before according to HH's advice. And TNR already had quite a following and had established his own centers by the time HH passed on so perhaps he saw as Dudjom Lingpa foresaw with the Dudjom tersar in relation to the Rinchen Terdzod that there was no need to include it-- likewise no need to announce Thinley Norbu in any way as he already had his own recognition and following that had it's own vast momentum. This is my own understanding which may be at fault but I have learned details slowly over many years which are often glossed over for various reasons.

Shenphen Rinpoche, who is one of my important masters, is indeed the primary lineage holder of Dudjom Tersar, and the keeper of Dudjom Rinpoche's seat in North America where Dudjom Rinpoche concealed many precious teachings.
Malcolm, could you say a little bit more about modern day teachers concealing teachings. I have heard that Khenchen Jigme Phuntsok did the same. Does this work in the same way as Guru Rinpoche and Yeshe Tsogyal concealing physical terma to be revealed at a later date, or is the mechanism different? Do modern day Nirmanakayas that conceal these teachings receive the teachings from Sambhogakaya beings or are the teachings generally products of their own realization?

Return to “Nyingma”