living proof of bodhisattva and merits

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
villkorkarma

living proof of bodhisattva and merits

Post by villkorkarma »

If dalaia lama is a bodhisattva will his merits follow him to his next Life or must he work hard and suffer again and again?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: living proof of bodhisattva and merits

Post by Ayu »

I suppose he works hard again and again but he doesn't suffer.
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

Yes his merits will follow him from this to the next existence. As will yours and mine.
Our merit or non-meritious actions follow us. Maybe we'll see/experience the effects in this life or in the future in any of our further lives.

:namaste:
Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

I was very happy to hear that :thumbsup: . how do you know?
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

For myself, I believe in Karma and rebirth. There is an entire thread on this, so lets not rehash it here. :anjali:
So each action you make there is an outcome for it and if you do not experience that outcome in this life you will in future rebirths. So, HH Dali Lama has created much merit in previous lives, and as a Bodhisattva, he continually creates more merit
to benefit all universal living beings.

:namaste:
Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

aha okay.
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Here is an example: U-ba Khin a great vipassanameditator met the arhant Webu Sayadaw and they said. Webu Sayadaw said I have meditated in the djungle 10 years to have reached the same experience that you talk about. then the Uba-Khin died and Goenka S N said that Uba_khin had One more Life left. how is this?
Door

Post by Door »

villkorkarma wrote:Here is an example: U-ba Khin a great vipassanameditator met the arhant Webu Sayadaw and they said. Webu Sayadaw said I have meditated in the djungle 10 years to have reached the same experience that you talk about. then the Uba-Khin died and Goenka S N said that Uba_khin had One more Life left. how is this?
How did you hear that Uba Khin only had one more left?
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

Hey everyone
By S n Goenka

Hey again
I know that Uba-Khin could have reached enlightenment in devachen a paradise beacuse he was a layman. How know for sure?
The state of Anagami i mean. goggle it and look at wikipedia if you have any question about that. beacause i dont know.
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

But iam not sure maybe just my mind fantazises. But I got this book written by Gary r Renard, he met masters from heaven that showed them as a symbol of their bodies in their last Life on Earth. They said to him that he had a Life that he was kind of sucessfull in but it was until now
villkorkarma

Post by villkorkarma »

What it mean was that the was the most giving lifetime he had. he did good progress then. so the merits is going with you from lifetime to Lifetime

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”