Newest member

How can we improve this forum to better serve our members?

Newest member

Postby nirmal » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 pm

I feel that we should all jump in to welcome any newest member.It could give them some confidence in wanting to become active participants in our forum. Some of them are just too quiet or probably they need a little more time before becoming active members. Posts of new members should be marked with a sign or a star so that we would be able to respond to their posts in a more understanding way.Just a thought
nirmal

Re: Newest member

Postby Blue Garuda » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 pm

nirmal wrote:I feel that we should all jump in to welcome any newest member.It could give them some confidence in wanting to become active participants in our forum. Some of them are just too quiet or probably they need a little more time before becoming active members. Posts of new members should be marked with a sign or a star so that we would be able to respond to their posts in a more understanding way.Just a thought

Underneath the username are two bits of information - when a member joined and how many posts they have made. I can see this as a Mod. Can you see it? Admins may be able to make it visible to everyone if not.
Left
Blue Garuda

Re: Newest member

Postby nirmal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:25 am

Aiya, yes, the number of posts would surely ring the bell.
nirmal

Return to Suggestion Box