Bromine

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
greentara

Bromine

Post by greentara »

How things change: Apparently years ago they took iodine out of the breads baked and sold. They also used to wash the cows teats with iodine when milking , it made it more sterile as it kills bacteria. It was a healthy, natural additive, leaving trace elements in the milk. They banned the iodine. Now they use chemicals instead.
So fo years now theyv'e put bromine in our food which can be toxic. It's in fish pellets, fertilzers, myriad foods even peanut butter. I think its banned in Europe but in America its found in soft drinks and lots of varied foods.
You can only ask why was this allowed to happen?
Lhug-Pa

Re: Bromine

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Hi Greentara,

Natural iodine is fine in my book, depending on what product we're talking about it being in, and as long as it is in trace amounts (I'm sure it's much better than the chemicals they use now!).

I'd rather have unpasteurized, free-range, organic, hormone-free, grass-fed milk made safer via trace amounts of natural iodine, as opposed to factory-farmed/monsanto artificial-chemical "milk".

Also, I doubt that very many vegans are aware that their gripes related to health-issues and the consumption of milk stem from the fact that most milk nowadays is not unpasteurized, free-range, organic, hormone-free, and grass-fed.

In other words milk can be good for you, whether vegans like it or not (and I do by the way respect the vegan lifestyle, even though I don't always agree with it).
lobster

Post by lobster »

Maybe these anaphrodisiacs are a service for the overly libidoed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphrodisiac
:shrug:
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Hm, I think iodine actually detoxes your body of bromide and fluoride. I recently started taking it to possibly help with brain fog and some other random issues after reading quite a lot about it. Not only did I go through a period of about 10 years of heavy drinking and TERRIBLE diet, but I never really knew what supplementation to take to fix the problem, and I spent a good 15 years post-college of eating vegetarian and using natural sea salt rather than iodized salt. Now, I'm trying to get all the minerals and vitamins I may have depleted during those heavy drinking, spaghetti-eating years such as magnesium and iodine.

Bromine is in coffee and fluoride is in tea. I think if you drink any of these regularly (like I do), Iodine supplementation is a good idea. If I recall correctly, they occupy the same space, so iodine will take the place of these toxins and help flush them out while giving your cells the iodine they need.

At the moment, I'm taking 4 drops of kelp-derived liquid iodine per day. If I develop thyroid problems, I will surely let you know.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Lindama

Post by Lindama »

This is a huge topic. Bromine and flouride actually negate iodine ... the way the molecules connect. I supplement with iodine, it is not a toxic substance as the medical community suggests. Here are some links to the alternative view, and there are some good videos on youtube:

Dr David Brownstein: http://www.drbrownstein.com/

Dr Mark Sircus: http://drsircus.com/ .... he has a lot to say about iodine and magnesium
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

The 'medical community suggests ' ?
I rather think that the medical profession sees iodine as a vital micronutrient. Unless things have changed a lot since I was in med school.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Simon E. wrote:The 'medical community suggests ' ?
I rather think that the medical profession sees iodine as a vital micronutrient. Unless things have changed a lot since I was in med school.
I went to his/her second link for Dr. Sircus and searched Iodine there and found this article:
http://drsircus.com/medicine/iodine/iodine-rescue
Most likely what Lind is talking about.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”