Husband's grandfather dying

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Seicho

Husband's grandfather dying

Post by Seicho »

Hello all,

My husband's grandfather Ieuan Ellis is dying. He suffered a fall the day before his birthday in February this year, and because of spinal injuries was not moved and from this he ended up with a bedsore, a bedsore that wasn't helped to heal properly. He's now at home in his bed with sepsis, they have taken all his medication from him more or less and are waiting for the inevitable. They're not even covering his pain or or making sure he can have some rest. He has started to hallucinate and has become aggressive, very aggressive indeed. He is a World War 2 veteran and was in Normandy and his hallucinations and nightmares are very much centred around the war. Things are drawing out quite a bit, he is a strong man and no one expected him to last this long. I am very much disturbed by his very unpleasant soon to be last days. It bothers me very much that he's so far away from reality now and is in both physical and emotional pain to this degree.

Please, if you have the time and energy, send whatever you can, prayers, mantras, he needs everything he can get. That war was horrible and it seems all his traumas of past experiences and the things he had to do in that situation are coming back to life for him.

Thank you very much.
Seishin
Former staff member

Re: Husband's grandfather dying

Post by Seishin »

I am so so sorry to hear that Seicho, that's horrible. I will indeed pray for him.

Gassho
Seishin
Seicho

Post by Seicho »

Seishin wrote:I am so so sorry to hear that Seicho, that's horrible. I will indeed pray for him.

Gassho
Seishin
Thank you, Seishin, that means a lot to us :)
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May Mr. Ellis and all beings be well, happy and peaceful. May Mr. Ellis get the medicine and the care he needs to rest his body and mind. May he be completely at peace. May he be calm. May he be free of all pain and discomfort. May he directly see his pure nature and rest.

OM MANI PEDME HUNG
OM AH RA PA TSA NA DHI
OM BHRUM SOHA
OM AMI DEWA HRIH
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
futerko

Post by futerko »

kirtu wrote:May Mr. Ellis and all beings be well, happy and peaceful. May Mr. Ellis get the medicine and the care he needs to rest his body and mind. May he be completely at peace. May he be calm. May he be free of all pain and discomfort. May he directly see his pure nature and rest.
Seconded (as I can't improve upon such eloquence). :anjali:
Seicho

Post by Seicho »

Thank you :heart: I can tell you he's been sleeping more or less constantly for about 24 hours now which is a welcome change. I hope he is more peaceful in his sleep than in his woken state.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”