Fox and Dog are Best Friends

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
reddust

Fox and Dog are Best Friends

Post by reddust »

Photographer Torgeir Berge is Tinni’s guardian and has watched the development of his dog’s incredible relationship with this wild fox.
Sweet.jpg
(http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/real ... -your-hear)
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
LastLegend

Re: Fox and Dog are Best Friends

Post by LastLegend »

Can foxes, dogs, and women become Buddha, dust?
It’s eye blinking.
reddust

Post by reddust »

Yes :heart:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

cute! :thanks:
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Berry

Post by Berry »

Thank you very much for sharing this, reddust. :heart:
Leave the polluted water of conceptual thoughts in its natural clarity. Without affirming or denying appearances, leave them as they are. When there is neither acceptance nor rejection, mind is liberated into mahāmudra.

~ Tilopa
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I shared it on FB, I liked it so much!
Thanks!
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
reddust

Post by reddust »

conebeckham wrote:I shared it on FB, I liked it so much!
Thanks!
Berry wrote:Thank you very much for sharing this, reddust. :heart:
padma norbu wrote:cute! :thanks:
Many ideas for stories and paintings! I can't wait for their book.

The fox is close to my heart, I love to paint it. I looked up the mythological meanings of fox and found my favorite stories belong to Native American people. The Fox Woman (http://www.native-languages.org/foxwoman.htm)
Two pictures I painted last year of foxes. I hadn't painted for years, my skills are quickly coming back though and plus some! It seems even without practice my abilities are growing. One of the skills I was born with. I figure we come to this world to share gifts and learn. Painting is one of my gifts besides cooking and gardening that is easy to share. There are stories that write themselves as I paint, I probably should write the stories down, however writing does not come very easily to me. Fox Daughter is going to my oldest daughter for a Christmas present. She and her daughter both have red hair and are pretty foxy :twothumbsup:
Berry

Post by Berry »

I love the paintings, especially the second one !
Leave the polluted water of conceptual thoughts in its natural clarity. Without affirming or denying appearances, leave them as they are. When there is neither acceptance nor rejection, mind is liberated into mahāmudra.

~ Tilopa
reddust

Post by reddust »

Berry wrote:I love the paintings, especially the second one !
Thank you! The paper was made in a small village in India over 20 years ago, cotton rag, 300 weight rough press. Very textured paper, love it but you gotta get the feel of it. I'm going to paint this idea several more times, this was the practice run. Foxes are amazing animals, they are all over here in my area, none have tried to attack my chickens even before we got Mina our puppy. I've had a few raccoons try raiding for eggs though.
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

[quote="reddust

Two pictures I painted last year of foxes.
------------
Sawaddee Ka..Reddust :namaste:

I love the first fox...so cute...I think you are a very good painter. :twothumbsup:

tidathep
reddust

Post by reddust »

tidathep wrote:[quote="reddust

Two pictures I painted last year of foxes.
------------
Sawaddee Ka..Reddust :namaste:

I love the first fox...so cute...I think you are a very good painter. :twothumbsup:

tidathep
Thank you Tedathep,

The Daughter Fox is going to my little red-haired granddaughter for a Christmas present we call her Lady-Bug, she is four years old, that's her best friend who has been her guardian since she was born, his name is Sammy. Sammy is almost 12 years old. Granddaughter number one, I have two, is as smart as a fox and just as colorful!
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Sawaddee Ka...Reddust,

Ladybug is so cute...my daughter is a tiger....how about tiger and fox?

tidathep :tongue:
reddust

Post by reddust »

Ahhh, she looks like a sweet little tiger Tidathep, look at those sharp teeth :D . If we lived closer I am sure my little fox would love her :heart:
muni

Post by muni »

reddust wrote:Photographer Torgeir Berge is Tinni’s guardian and has watched the development of his dog’s incredible relationship with this wild fox.
Sweet.jpg
(http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/real ... -your-hear)
Many many thanks Reddust. "If only humans could all be as kind and accepting as this pair."

Thanks to fox and dog for the teaching. :anjali:
reddust

Post by reddust »

Thank you Muni, I grew up on a farm far out in the Oregon wilderness. The people who raised me were cruel but the horses, farm animals especially my chickens were always kind per their way. The wild animals were cautious towards me when i was out riding my horse or fishing Delph creek. i was aways alone even when I was very young, 6-7 years old wandering the woods and the bears, coyotes, cougar, and bobcats left me alone. Animals were my first teachers regarding kindness even if they are meat eaters.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

Sawaddee Ka

A cute video for you all:

Cute Dog and Jaguar Are Best Friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2arqnpQphk

tidathep

Return to “Media”