Ajanta Caves Ancient Aliens ROFL

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Ajanta Caves Ancient Aliens ROFL

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Sherab Dorje wrote:The Ajanta caves are a Turkish-Bulgarian Zionist conspiracy?
Yep. The caves were actually constructed by teams of skilled Jewish stonemasons captured in Eastern Europe by janissaries during the long-running trans-causcasian war over mummification technology and sent as slaves to the subcontinent. ...

I could continue but it's not appropriate even in this part of DW. This is the Teahouse of the Compassionate One so I will just say, again, that the fact that something is unsupported by "mainstream" media - or denied by it - is by no means proof that it is true.

:namaste:
Kim
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Yesterday I found a large flattened wad of a gummy substance on the sidewalk. To the ordinary mind it might appear to be chewing gum. But what if aliens chew gum too? Could it be that I was looking straight at irrefutable evidence of alien visitations? On closer investigation I noticed a strange pattern of wavy lines and circles in it, and could not avoid seeing the strong similarity to patterns often seen in crop circles. What more evidence do you want? Calling cards?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
futerko

Post by futerko »

catmoon wrote:Yesterday I found a large flattened wad of a gummy substance on the sidewalk. To the ordinary mind it might appear to be chewing gum. But what if aliens chew gum too? Could it be that I was looking straight at irrefutable evidence of alien visitations? On closer investigation I noticed a strange pattern of wavy lines and circles in it, and could not avoid seeing the strong similarity to patterns often seen in crop circles. What more evidence do you want? Calling cards?
So the aliens brought you back, I see. :alien:

Welcome back Catmoon :cheers:
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

catmoon wrote:Yesterday I found a large flattened wad of a gummy substance on the sidewalk. To the ordinary mind it might appear to be chewing gum. But what if aliens chew gum too? Could it be that I was looking straight at irrefutable evidence of alien visitations? On closer investigation I noticed a strange pattern of wavy lines and circles in it, and could not avoid seeing the strong similarity to patterns often seen in crop circles. What more evidence do you want? Calling cards?
Did it smell like apples? Alien chewing gum smells like apples, and is usually bright green in colour. Get it tested for DNA, but don't let them see you.

Great to have you back, catmoon.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Conspiracy is a fact of life, however.The Information Age brought with it heaps of disinfo and misinfo plus a several more gov't agencies to manage it all.

People have no idea how much they don't know! :smile:
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Kim O'Hara wrote:[ the fact that something is unsupported by "mainstream" media - or denied by it - is by no means proof that it is true.
First this, and now I learn that this foil hat is actually making it easier for the New World Order to penetrate my precious bodily fluids

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi ... ts/262998/
If the helmet is designed or worn with a loose fit, radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation can still get up underneath the brim from below and reveal your innermost thoughts to the reptilian humanoids or the Bilderberg Group.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Yes, why do you think the "tinfoil hat" idea took off in such a mainstream way?

http://disinfo.com/2011/08/do-tin-foil- ... d-control/

I'll give you a hint: it wasn't a paranoid nutter putting it out there. :spy:
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

:rolling: I reckon this comment (in regards to the aforementioned article) hit the nail on the head:
mikefarleywa
Any government agency that would try to read my thoughts must be WAY over-staffed and underworked.
:twothumbsup:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

padma norbu wrote:Yes, why do you think the "tinfoil hat" idea took off in such a mainstream way?

The tinfoil hat & its advocates are well out of any mainstream. In the US at least, it's the domain of the far right and libertarian fringes, precisely those who find these kinds of arguments plausible:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

:alien:
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Jikan wrote:
padma norbu wrote:Yes, why do you think the "tinfoil hat" idea took off in such a mainstream way?

The tinfoil hat & its advocates are well out of any mainstream. In the US at least, it's the domain of the far right and libertarian fringes, precisely those who find these kinds of arguments plausible:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

:alien:
"Tinfoil hat" is completely mainstream as it is the go-to level-headed putdown for anything out of the ordinary. It actually comes from an old scifi book.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

This is not a Buddhist thought.... but geez

The real problem with being an idiot is that an idiot is too dumb to realize he's an idiot. The result is all too often that idiots consider themselves the intellectual peers of the great philosophers and thinkers and they then set forth to save the world with an idiotic doctrine, buttressed with testimonials by morons and supported by fools. It's sort of a co-operative effort.

Grumpy Cat has spoken.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

plan 9.jpg
plan 9.jpg (240.07 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

catmoon wrote:This is not a Buddhist thought.... but geez

The real problem with being an idiot is that an idiot is too dumb to realize he's an idiot. The result is all too often that idiots consider themselves the intellectual peers of the great philosophers and thinkers and they then set forth to save the world with an idiotic doctrine, buttressed with testimonials by morons and supported by fools. It's sort of a co-operative effort.

Grumpy Cat has spoken.
Please tell me you're not just realizing this now. ;) :consoling: :jumping:

Btw, if you watched the video I posted about "you have no idea what you don't know" your statement is pretty funny for a different reason. Just about every great philosopher and thinker held ridiculous ideas by today's standard that would get them laughed out of town.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Anything you can conjure up in the imagination
to explain what you cannot explain
is just as likely to be true
as anything else you can conjure up in the imagination.
Just as true, no more, no less.
Beyond that,
evidence.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

padma norbu wrote:

Btw, if you watched the video I posted about "you have no idea what you don't know" your statement is pretty funny for a different reason. Just about every great philosopher and thinker held ridiculous ideas by today's standard that would get them laughed out of town.
Ah, no, it's old news I'm afraid.

And I did watch the vid and it was just fantastic. If taken as directed, it's a pretty good antidote for self righteousness. 'Cept for me of course cuz I'm always right. :)
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

padma norbu wrote:Image

Is this man wearing a cat on his head?
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

catmoon wrote:
padma norbu wrote:

Ah, no, it's old news I'm afraid.

And I did watch the vid and it was just fantastic. If taken as directed, it's a pretty good antidote for self righteousness. 'Cept for me of course cuz I'm always right. :)
I thought it was pretty weird, although I guess I wasn't that surprised. I don't remember if he said it in the video or not, but if not, then it reminded me of something I read about Socrates once. I think it was Socrates, anyway. He once debated publicly with his invisible friend in the town square for a full day. His "daemon."

EDIT: yeah, it was Socrates. He used to believe whatever his daemon told him was true, I guess. Well, maybe not in this particular case where he argued with him all day and night publicaly in the twon square. http://books.google.com/books?id=L-i6zy ... ly&f=false
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

And then Socrates was given hemlock to drink for talking to Who's who are not.

Boil that dust speck! Boil that dust speck! Boil! Boil!

phpBB [video]

A Cat in the Hat presentation... Funny.

By the way, I'm not a big overall fan of Dr. Seuss; it's just that the theme of Horton Hears a Who is pretty relevant to some of the topics here lately.

Yopp!
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

catmoon wrote:Is this man wearing a cat on his head?
No silly, the cat is wearing shoes fashioned from a human being.

Return to “Media”