It's about a month before the event, we are getting the texts ready and getting the necessary preparation underway for the empowerment and teachings. A few notes here for the registered attendees as well as those who are planning to register:
-If you are planning to attend this program, we encourage you to pre-register early instead of registering onsite, especially for those who are coming from out of town. This will help us to plan and prepare for the right number of attendees coming to the event. We need to ensure that the items to be used during the empowerment, texts, etc are sufficient to cater to all that come to this program, such that we don't end up running short.
-The preferred method of pre-registration is online, via paypal or credit card. For mail-in application, you need to ensure that the registration is received before the start of the event. Mail-in registration that are not actually received by 18 August will not be considered registered.
-For onsite registration, the preferred payment method is cash or cheque. While we are trying to arrange for credit card acceptance onsite, we cannot confirm at this moment whether it will happen on time or not. Do check in with us in August if you are planning to pay onsite via credit card.
-There have been inquiries about registration for ordained sangha. While we do not charge ordained sangha who wish to attend the program, they MUST be pre-registered to attend.
-For people who are attending the program, please do bring a cushion that you can sit on during the event. We only have a limited amount of cushions available. As this is a major empowerment which will be conducted in traditional Tibetan fashion, His Holiness will be sitting on the throne to bestow the empowerment, and the attendees/students will sit on the floor to receive the empowerment and teachings.
-For people who are not able to sit on the floor, we will have limited number of chairs available towards the back of the hall for sitting.
-For the program schedule and location, please refer to http://www.sakyatsechenthubtenling.org/kila/event.html
. Only registered attendees are admitted. Please be early to collect your badges for admittance, the hall will be closed once the empowerment starts.
-During the weekend of the program, as UBC is still in summer holiday mode, only a number of restaurants and cafes will be opened during that period. A list of the UBC eateries with their location and hours is available at http://www.food.ubc.ca/locations-and-hours
. Please print this out for your reference. Together with the list, you may also wish to print out the location map to assist you in locating the eateries http://www.food.ubc.ca/locations-and-hours/location-map
-For out of town students, the recommended accommodation is UBC, via the UBC Conference centre. Please contact them directly via their toll free number 1 888 822 1030 to inquire or via their website http://www.ubcconferences.com/accommodations/
. The most economical option is the private (locked) rooms within a shared apartment.
-There will be a sales desk with products from Zambala gifts being set up onsite. For products sold, 40% goes towards Sakya Foundation to support the Medical Fund, one of Jetsun Kushok's philantrophic initiatives. The remaining 60% of the revenue goes to Zambala for paying for the goods and taxes.
-We will be recording His Holiness' teachings which will be taught on day 3 of the event, and will take pre-orders and payment for the CDs at the event only. For students who have received the Vajrakilaya empowerment previously and wish to purchase a copy of the CD, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
if interested. Orders will only be accepted up to 15 August via internet payment.
The reason for having a cutoff date for the orders is to ensure we know the quantity of the CD that needs to be reproduced. The store that we order the reproduction of the CD only take bulk orders.
The CDs will be made available by Sakya Foundation Canada and priced at $20 each plus applicable postage ($3 for Canada, $5 for USA, $8 for all other countries). After deducting cost, the funds raised from the sale of the CD will again be used to support Jetsun Kushok's philantrophic and Dharmic initiatives. http://www.sakyafoundation.ca/how-you-c ... ng-efforts
Please note that Sakya Foundation can only accept cash or check for the purchases at the event.
Please feel free to write to us if you have any questions about the program.
With best wishes,
STTL Vajrakilaya organising committee