I am a student, studying Buddhism and I have some questions regarding Gutor Day and the ritual of Lama Dancing and also the pilgrimage site Bodhgaya. I require answers from those with personal experience.
1) what is the purpose of visiting the enlightenment site Bodhgaya?
2) Must the lama dance be performed in a specific sacred space? if so why?
3) -very important- How does both the ritual of lama dancing and the pilgrimage to Bodhgaya help you encounter the numinous?
4) when performing the ritual of lama dancing and participating in Gutor day, and visiting Bodhgaya, does it and how does it change you?
5) How does this ritual and pilgrimage impact on your daily life?
I am aware some of these are personal individual questions regarding your faith and personal feelings and though I dont wish to be rude I am very interested in Buddhism and hope to understand how the spirituality and especially these particular traditions effect you spiritually and emotionally. I would also like to understand, how do you know when you've reached enlightenment? It has been puzzling me for a while.
Thankyou I would greatly appreciate the help